Author Topic: Safe mode only  (Read 3681 times)

Offline pip allkins

• View Profile
Safe mode only
« on: February 09, 2016, 08:17:53 AM »
I run Windows 7 home on a 64 AMD Athlon II 4 core with 8gb memory.
Recently the confuser has decided that it will only run in Safe Mode with network. I have attached the Tweaking pre-scan report.
Can you please suggest a solution other than ritual immolation?

Pip

Julian

I did what you suggested (twice, in case I got it wrong first time) all to no effect. I've attached the latest prescan report. I do hope you can assist as ritual immolation is getting closer and closer.

Cheers

Pip
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 09:10:57 AM by pip allkins, Reason: Update »

Offline whiggs

• View Profile
Re: Safe mode only
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 08:05:17 AM »
1) open run prompt (win + r)
2) type "msconfig"
3) Go to boot tab
4) unselect safe mode
5) make boot settings permanent

Let me know if this helps

Offline whiggs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 08:20:30 AM »
As for replacing the missing files, I would try some of the tools attached, but if push comes to shove, I would download the Windows 7 aik and install it, then use imagex (or this GUI for it https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit-tools/gimagex/) to mount your windows 7 install wim from your installation disc "sources" directory and grab the files you need that way.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 09:30:39 AM »
Do not make boot settings permanent as that cannot be changed.
Tom.

Offline Julian

• "Cat and Mum Guy"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 03:46:47 PM »
Got all of them, sorry for the late response been busy at work non stop  :sleep:

First grab the zip file off this page and apply the reg file it in to add the take owner ship to the right click menu in explorer.
http://www.tweaking.com/articles/pages/add_quottake_ownershipquot_to_right_click_menu_in_vista_amp_7,1.html

Once that is done go to C:\Windows\servicing\ and right click on Packages and click on take ownership. You will now be able to copy the files into that folder.

I have attached the missing files, extract the files out of the attached zip file and put them in the C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\ folder.

Then run the pre-scan again, put a check on the box to have it add the cat files back to the database. :wink:

(THIS REPAIR IS USER SPECIFIC IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES WITH MISSING CAT OR MUM FILES MAKE A POST IN COMPUTER HELP AND I WILL HUNT DOWN THOSE FILES FOR YOU) :cheesy:
Julian