Author Topic: Corrupt Service Packages  (Read 12702 times)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Corrupt Service Packages
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2016, 01:36:19 AM »
Vista must be different in the search function when you click on the Start button.

With Win 7 below the All Programs bit, you get a box where you can type in directly what you are looking for, but for some things you have to use the Run box.

A Google for that audio error code produced http://www.brighthub.com/computing/windows-platform/articles/73573.aspx so stopping those services and then reinstalling the driver may prove more fruitful.

Tom.

Offline Wulferious

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2016, 05:11:43 PM »
G'day, Boggin!  (Or maybe I should be calling you Boffin!)

I did as you recommended, and totally uninstalled the audio devices.  Windows Audio Endpoint Builder then would start!  But then, Windows Audio wouldn't start..  I was getting a "Error 1079: The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process"  Hoo boy..

However, I was able to find a quick fix for this last step.  I had to make an adjustment in the Logon section of Windows audio service.  I had to change the Account value from Local System to Local SERVICE by entering "NT AUTHORITY\LocalService" in the account.  Then I was able to start the service, and audio was back on-line!

Barring anything else weird lurking in the background, I am going to call this solved.  You two have been fantastic, and I can't say thanks enough for all your hard work recovering from this Windows Update fiasco.  As far as I am concerned, you are the go-to guys for intelligent troubleshooting.

Respect!

Offline Julian

• "Cat and Mum Guy"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2016, 10:39:33 PM »
Woot! I'm Glad you got everything solved!  :cheesy:
Julian

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2016, 01:11:13 AM »
I have had to advise changing the service type before but rarely, as it's usually something else that had been the cause but like Julian - glad you were able to get it sorted.
Tom.