Author Topic: (Solved)my dvd writer could not write or burn anything  (Read 50050 times)

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Re: my dvd writer could not write or burn anything
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2016, 03:51:07 am »
That is a time/ date arror code again, try synchronizing time/ date and retry.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2016, 03:54:19 am »
Hi, I have checked , there is perfect synce with internet time
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2016, 12:43:28 pm »
What's your date at?
Julian

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2016, 06:27:28 pm »
Hi, Julian, correct date and time as per my place in India. Samson, if it works for your xp, system, then it should work for me also, if dates are synced? if suppose, i run hotfix, from msoft email, it also gives the same error, but with some solution. If it is clicked then, i was allowed to save a cab file in xp? i have checked sfc.exe /scannow commands and it runs smoothly.
     i do not have any virtual drive at present in xp and it only has one dvd drive. if a folder could be read by the drive, why not other media?. is removing upperlower filters .
                    imapi services always stopping, even when it is made automatic in services.msc.  all the discs not recognized by xp , could be read and write in windows xp system.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2016, 07:05:08 pm »
sub question.
                Hi, in windows xp, if you insert blank cd or dvd, there is no popup to choose between live format and master format, whereas it is available in win 7. So, my doubt is , the cd or dvd written by windows 7, which is specific formatted, is not readable in windows xp, which does not prompt you to select the format.
or is it that it chooses the required format automatically. Then how to workaround this problem.
or my presumption is incorrect?

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2016, 06:02:52 am »
hi, samson, pl see the disk management , where my dvd is shown as on line, and dvd noted beneath cdrom 0. what is meant online, and why it does not read even a blank cd r. what is meant by online. can i know thro command prompt, whether it is working.please

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2016, 08:58:35 am »
"The Online status occurs when a basic or dynamic disk is accessible and has no known problems. This is the normal disk status. No user action is required." From Microsoft.

A few final suggestions....

Have you tried running the Fixit that I included in an attached zip file offline, ie not connected to the internet?

Have you tried uninstalling, and reinstalling the device to be sure that the correct drivers are loaded? Also physically removing and reseating the drive to ensure all connections are good.

In a previous post you mentioned HP/ Compaq, it may be that the drive requires specific drivers for your laptop, or a firmware update may be available from HP/ Compaq for it. Have you searched HP support for that? Look under the model number for your machine.

Failing all of the above it could just be a hardware failure.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2016, 08:33:44 pm »
Hi, how to know the drivers for cd dvd . Please see this link and let me know.
              I am having optiarc dvdrw ad 7530, other than the one originally suppllied by hp,which was a product of sony nec , but i could not find any drivers for this model.
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3765005&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=1093

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2016, 08:38:21 pm »
Hi, i tried your fixit . it did not process and came with the same error code 80072f8f

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2016, 11:42:13 pm »
Have you tried uninstalling the drive and reinstalling the generic Windows drivers? (My old DELL latitude just uses them).

Have you physically removed/ reseated the drive? checked the connectors?

Will it play any commercially released CDs/ DVDs? Music, films etc.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2016, 03:40:13 am »
hi, another weird dvd drive shown as cd rom in speccy in xp.

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2016, 04:34:05 am »
Weird? I thought that was the make and model No that you said you have? So that is correct?

Screenshot from my DELL Latitude attached.

Any news on reinstalling, drive, drivers and playing commercial CDs/ DVDs?

Check transfer mode is set to DMA not PIO.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 11:34:58 am by Samson, Reason: Added screenshot from laptop. »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2016, 04:23:29 am »
i checked the commercial. there is  no problem in recognition of audio,dat cds,video dvd, it plays in media player classic and not in windows media player.
                   but reading some discs, written with windows xp computers, but fail to read anything with data burnt with windows seven.
                  when i click an application to install, it just sits there. i mean the exe in cd or dvd.
                  peculiar problem,msoft does not address  till the support end.i burnt one file size of four hundred mg by by ashampoo. the write was success, but after writing the same, when i open after closing of session, there is nothing shown in windows explorer. the ashampoo, first recognize blank cd, not explorer, wrote the data but could not be seen where it has written on the cd. i updated storage device drivers and bios from hp site from the link

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2016, 04:43:31 am »
i checked the commercial. there is  no problem in recognition of audio,dat cds,video dvd, it plays in media player classic and not in windows media player.                 

That is normal for video DVD in windows media player if you don't have codecs installed.

I have searched around and that model of DVD burner that you have seems to have more than its fair share of problems reported similar to yours, sadly with no fix being offered by either MS or the manufacturer  :sad:

Have you tried uninstalling the drive, then reinstalling it again to ensure the drivers are correctly installed?
See "Uninstall and reinstall drivers" about half way down on this page.....http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=3764997&docId=emr_na-c00815170&docLocale=en_US

If all else fails then you may be looking at a replacement burner... (Not the same model). Do you really need it? Would a decent size USB thumb drive do the same job? I only really use my burner to create disks to play in the car, as it only has an old school CD player in it, apart from that I rarely burn any disks.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2016, 05:11:51 am »
so the drive is ok . how to see the files burnt with window seven in windows xp. could you explain,because, no disk burnt in win seven could be read in windows xp, using the explorer. i tried hidden files to show up. but nothing.
                    If i would have, i would have bought a good dvd drive. i left it to technician and i think, he has replaced those original with fake drives.
                      there is no model in sony support, but mention of it in sony nec.
                       i could burn now in win seven without any problem, but reading those in windows xp, how it could be accomplished.normally, i do not give up in the middle of the thing.
                      in problematic device, i saw no mention of cd rom.
                       samson, would you please say, how would the normal explorer  if there is no disc. if cd r is inserted how would it show, when cd rw, when dvd r and when dvd rw.by the by what is dvd ram. ram means random access memory.does it mean that it is not capable of wrting h
update: i have tried that already and all the troubleshooter. in my browsing, there was pop up alert to take a survey. i have given them , the least mark.global company not allowing you to customer care executive in first five attempts. it goes thro, so many choices menu that you get confused to what you are trying to talk to them. sub menus, without any chance to get the human voice.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 05:24:29 am by jraju »

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2016, 06:27:39 am »
Are you burning disks in Win7 using Live File System or Mastered?

It is possible that your drive is not able to read Live File System, so try Mastered.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 06:30:05 am by Samson »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2016, 11:10:56 pm »
Hi, yesterday, i wrote a folder by using ashampoo in xp itslelf. eventhough windows explorer could not show my cd, ashaampoo, recognized burnt it successfully, but the file is no where to be found in the cd. Yes , of course, i wrote in live style and could not read in xp. is there any workaround to this problem.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2016, 02:35:20 am »
Hi, i found one thing. all the files in cdfs format are read by xp windows.
samson, is it true that i should select mastered format, to read the cd dvd written in windows 7 to be read in windows xp.
               can i try. I just selected the default format and that could not be read in windows xp. Is there any workaround for this.
                why this problem cropped up, and why msoft just ignore so long any idea.
                there was confusing reading that if i select this format, one could erase any data and is useful. But i  do not think that anything written on cd r could be rewritten or erasable.
                   please, why windows xp explorer could not read the disc burnt with in the system.
                      the top of all the joke is, it allows rewriting the entire thing that is already written on it. on verifying, it ashampoo ejected and asked me to close the tray to verfiy the data. when i did , pat came the alert that it is not original cd and asked me to insert original cd......i am trying to find the reason or solution to the effect, and if shane could include a fix for this, it will be boon to users in his cd dvd not working repair included in all in one repair.
                      cdfs is the older format and it should allow both reading in win seven and win xp. probably this may have forced the msoft to ultimate windows seven, without bothering to address this main problem in the ever greeeen windows xxxp

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2016, 03:29:44 am »
I did suggest that you try "Mastered" in my last post.

I have no problem reading disks in XP that have been burnt on Win 7 in either live file system or mastered.

Tell me, can a disk burnt with Ashampoo in XP be read on your Win 7 machine?

In this instance I don't think that you can blame MS. I think that the most likely explanation is that you drive is defective....The web is full of users having issues like yours with that model. Get back to the tech who supplied it and get it replaced would be my course of action.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 05:47:11 am by Samson »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2016, 03:11:25 am »
hi, samson,   the burnt files are not shown in win seven. instead, it shows as empty, i mean the regular alert of selecting live or mastered format dialog box. i tried another thing. i again chosen to format it as mastered and burnt a sample file. it burnt successfully and i could read that in win seven pc. when i tried to read with windows xp, it shows blank. i checked the file format and it is given as udf 1.2 version, the format shown as cdfs while i right click properties of the drive in question.,hotfix link , that you have given in your link. if that is working, then i can. i am getting error that i already noted , time sync error. i still had not given up and will try.
                              is the udf format not could not be recognized in windows xp

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2016, 11:52:57 pm »
Hi, samson, I have tried all the tricks, but cd drive refuse to listen to my commands. It behaves itself , as if , for every solution or try a thing, it will behave differently in my xp. now the error message, is read media error, or there are no readable media in the disc.
                Hi, Moreover, windows xp explorer is connected to this drive, which does not show the contents or show it as blank. The solution evades me, like hp 7561 ata drivers.
                the original hp came with optiarc 7561 a ata driver, for which i could not find drivers properly.
 Hi, samson, do you have any idea that laptop is having cd drivers included in their hard disk drivers or controller drivers. i did not find the drivers.
                    Still, the laptops are supplied only works with its original drives and not supporting the replaced drives. fanstastic hp gift for users.
                   Please tell me about usb cd dvd drives, and recommend me to have both cd dvd capabilities.

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2016, 04:03:18 am »
I don't think specific drivers are required, the generic drivers in XP work fine on every XP machine I have ever used.....Have you uninstalled the drive and let XP discover it and then install the drivers itself? I still think that the drive itself is faulty  :wink:

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2016, 04:28:48 am »
Hi, samson, i understand your point. when the original drive was removed, i did not think that tech guy, has uninstalled its driver generic. would this cause, something, as the registry entries as well as drivers are still present in the registry and location in c:
                    what about your recommendation on usb cd dvd drive,

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2016, 05:40:15 am »
This is the XP driver version on all my XP machines 5.1.2535.0 dated 1/7/2001 check yours...

I can't recommend a USB DVD as I have n't used one.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2016, 07:59:35 am »
Hi, the same  generic driver here also. But what about specific drivers for burning.
    I think that four drives are packed in to that optiarc drives. read write cd read write dvd. so, should be problematic, if there is problem in one of the drives.   could you send cdrom.inf file for xp sp3.will it be same for all having the same version.