Author Topic: Why it is always on install that i ultimately loose the hdd?  (Read 4276 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Why it is always on install that i ultimately loose the hdd?
« on: March 15, 2016, 02:38:45 am »
Hi,
                     I had problem with mouse vanishing and nothing could be done stage. i thought that it is mouse problem, but not knowing that it is a cat problem.
                       I had tried all sorts of tricks, and the mouse vanishing trick by computer started happening without user request or consent.
                       I thought of repairing, but that could not be done.
                       i received errors so i thought of formatting my c: drive and then check it. In the first attempt, i failed to format the drive, but deleted the drive and started installing win 7.
                         There was some problem of hanging when i try to browse. Since i had not formatted, i tried again to install after deleting and formatting. I did notice a strange behavior . When i used the more options, i saw, some 2 extra drives of 1.0 size to the top and bottom of the  c: drive. I just ignored and then reformatted the c: drive.
                         Everything went well with expanding and then installing while configuring the windows, on second boot by install process, the computer hanged at mobo logo with no signs of any movement.
                        I had this on previous occasion, where i had lost the contents of new hdd.
                        so, i tried to unplug and replug the pata tape connections both at mobo side and hdd side. After replacing the pata with my available pata tape, i could get it past the mobo logo and then i got reboot select disk... error, clearly showing the hard disk is not recognized error.
                          i tried mobo battery change and shortcircuiting the mobo battery to get the default bios settings. First i got a: error and after disabling diskette floppy, i get the reboot error.
                            i thought of replacing the new hard drive, but i had the doubt about power connection to it. so, i called a tech guy , who had said that the correct wire type on smtp middle connections would do no harm to hard disc. Now, i am having the new hdd with os installed.
                           Now, the Title subject comes. Why it is always on install that i ultimately loose the contents and loose the total hard disk.
                             Do any body have any idea why it occurs. I heard about some sata pata settings, but my mother board has an enhanced ide/ata settings which were enabled as default. So there is no change in bios settings.
                              There is no explanation in seagate site about this kind of problem.
                              Why it is always at install and after first reboot during the install process?
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".