Author Topic: Tweaking.com-Need help to replace Windows packages file (which may be corrupt)  (Read 3253 times)

Offline KathyB

• View Profile
│Report from pre-scan

" Scanning Windows Packages Files.
│ Started at (15/04/2016 1:28:03 PM)

│ These Files Are Possibly Corrupt (Bad Digital Signature): (Total: 1)

C:\WINDOWS\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-ContactSupport-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~10.0.14316.1000.mum

Combined Problems were found with the packages files, these files need to be replaced (These mainly only effect installing Windows Updates.)
│ The SFC (System File Checker) doesn't scan and replace some of these files, so you may need to replace them manually.
│ │ THESE FILES DO NOT KEEP THE REPAIRS FROM WORKING; YOU MAY STILL RUN THE REPAIRS IN THE PROGRAM.

│ If you need help in replacing these files, post on the Forums at Tweaking.com for help."

So can anyone assist me to replace the Windows packages files listed above? Thanks KathyB

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I have moved your thread to the Cat and Mum File Requests section so that it will be easier for Julian to pick up.
Tom.

Offline Julian

• "Cat and Mum Guy"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
hmmm so you are running windows 10 32 bit i see. i have to get this file i don't have this one in my data base because windows 10 has been having updates left and right a lot of these files are being modified. have you tried running the repairs yet? what was your issue that you are having?
Julian

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
This one appears to be the same as http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php/topic,4429.0.html and may have come about because of a recent update or when the upgrade to Win 10 first took place.
Tom.