Author Topic: So many mails id have been hacked. change pw on those  (Read 7751 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: So many mails id have been hacked. change pw on those
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 04:01:43 am »
Hi, I want a say on this , moderators, pl

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 04:11:56 am »
I've read the article and while emails can be hijacked, I think it will be up to the user if and when they change their password but it is advised to change passwords periodically anyway, although I don't do it and I don't have any duplicated passwords.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 04:20:47 am »
Hi, Thanks boggin
                    The article has also been published in news paper and it is ironical that data as whole is available for sale.
                       If the leading mail providers could not safeguard , then who could. Now everything is in email and all sorts of transactions are done thro the websites .
                           How google , yahoo could be that much compromised to such hacks?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 04:49:06 am »
If someone wants to hack something badly enough then they will find a way in.

Recently my ISP was hacked and personal details were obtained.

None of it affected me and I don't know if others had suffered a loss because of it, but complacency with security measures when they are doing their job will always occur.

It's only when they don't that they need to be upgraded - that is why we have so many AV program Definition updates as well as Windows Updates.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 03:51:04 am »
Leave the users.
                  There has not been any alert from their side like google, yahoo etc.
                      Normally when such thing takes place, the users are immediately alerted  by the sites that is said to have been compromised or there should be a denial.
                        Nothing came ....

Offline Samson

• View Profile

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 11:47:11 pm »
so, how do we know that is a compilation of years of hacking individual mails. Be it media hype should not individual intimation is a necessity. Normally forums do get hacked but they are announcing and giving clues to how to overcome those.
                       I do not think that it is a media hype. Google collects lot of data from individuals in their server, as global use it , and if their servers could be compromised, then it is possible that it could be a lot of details of the gmail profile including pws might have been compromised.
                              If those about whose data about compromised are not alerted, then anything might happen to any data and google will simply keep mum over .
                                 It is useless to ask google to not take much data from users and there are sites, which even does not remember the passwords, and if one fogot, has to re enter the new password and has to remember. the sites does not store passwords.
                                   But take the case of google, if you browse, it is not enough if you clear the history from the concerned browser, but you have to go to the webpage, and select those links and then bulk delete it , if you want to get rid of those history of pages visited. That being the case, even those links storage may also be easily fetched by those hackers.
                                  By keeping mum to individual secrecy is good, but globally keeping mum to a pin pointed hack is another. god save

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2016, 10:59:42 pm »
All my pws are changed 1 time every month everything has a different pw. and I test them using hashcat. Im not worried.
Julian