Author Topic: windows 10 rundll problems  (Read 8616 times)

Offline pjokke

• View Profile
windows 10 rundll problems
« on: May 02, 2016, 07:33:36 am »
Every time I start my new Lenovo yoga500 computer up in normal i get a rundll problem called midshipmendisinfestation.DLL I tryied google it with no luck. I tried to start in safemode and it comes up with someting that need to be repairs but it cant repair it. it ask me to start in safemode and try again but I am allready in safemode. What can I do or better yet what is my rundll problem. I have attach the windows repair log.

Thank you in advance.

Offline pjokke

• View Profile
Re: windows 10 rundll problems
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 10:21:23 am »
I have now scanned the computer 2 times one time in normal mode and one in safemode but I stillhave the rundll problem. how do I find out what it is

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 10:45:27 am »
I can't find anything on it either.

Download Process Explorer to see if it has a digital signature and if Virus Total.com gives it a red rating.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx

Click on Options and ensure Verify Signature is checked then hover over VirusTotal.com and check that box.

What did you scan your system with and have you recently downloaded anything ?

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 11:44:35 am »
What OS do you have? If its windows 7 open the run box type in msconfig look at the start up tab see if that file is im there and what location. If you have windows 10 open the task mgr and go to the start up tab and look at the programs. Let me know if you see it. And oh try what boggin said first because that will simplify the process if its an infection.
Julian

Offline pjokke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 12:35:52 pm »
NEW DEVELOPMENT:::

I have fund out the rundll error only comes when the laptop is connected to the power and it is startede up. If I start it up and the connect it to the power it will allso come whit the error.

btw it is windows 10 and the scans and programs i have used is tweaking, Process Explorer and avast. 

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 02:31:00 pm »
Could you see it in Process Explorer and did you have Process Explorer set up as I'd described ?

So are you saying that if you boot up on battery, you don't see it until you connect the AC ?

You haven't said if you have downloaded anything recently, but do you have any restore points to prior this pop up ?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 03:23:01 pm by Boggin »

Offline pjokke

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 06:50:22 am »
My computer is 3 days old when this happen. I have updated win10. Deleted mcafee and installed avast. I installed battlenet, steam, lol and starcraft. and after this it happen. I can not see anything in process explore or in schedule task. so yesterday I resetted my computer back to factory used a day on that. so fare I have delleted mcafee and installed avast and battlenet I am installing starcraft right now. and so fare no problems. after every change I make I will restart my computer to see if the problem will return and what have done it. If it happens I will write it in here. Thank you both SO much for your wonderful help on this ghost in my computer.

and yes the problem only came the first time I connected my AC to the computer. Wierd right?:s

sorry for ALL my gramma. I wrote this in a hurry
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 06:55:20 am by pjokke »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 08:58:05 am »
Did you use McAfee's uninstaller so everything is deleted ?

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/mcafee_consumer_product_removal_tool.html

Any residue probably wouldn't conflict with Avast Free as it doesn't have its own firewall, but if you haven't fully uninstalled McAfee and you later install an AV program that does, then you will have problems.

Run the Uninstaller a couple of times, rebooting after each.