Author Topic: BSOD  (Read 5564 times)

Offline noxqes

• View Profile
BSOD
« on: May 07, 2016, 07:47:48 am »
I have a laptop runnng windows 7 that suddenly stopped responding so I had to manually turn it off.  When I tuned it back on I got the terrific BSOD!! Not able to see error code because it just bkinks then my laptop reboots. I've did a memory test with good results, hard drive test good also. No errors found on either test. I've tried to boot in safe mode but unalbe. I've tried recovery boot cd but unable also. I'm asking for any help or info that anyone has that can help me

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: BSOD
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 09:42:45 am »
Are you saying that other than being able to boot up into Safe Mode and not being able to boot up with a recovery disk, the computer is now working ?

Is the recovery CD a System Repair disk and did you change the boot order to boot up with the recovery disk ?

If the computer isn't booting normally then what are you using to post with ?

If the machine does work now, download Blue Screen View which will analyse the Memory Dump file(s).

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

makinero

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 07:26:01 am »
 Just released: WhoCrashed v 5.50
Latest 5.51
with support for Windows 10

Code: [Select]
WhoCrashed reveals the drivers responsible for crashing your computer

Whenever a computer running Windows suddenly reboots without displaying any notice or blue screen of death, the first thing that is often thought about is a hardware failure. In reality, most crashes are caused by malfunctioning device drivers and kernel modules. In case of a kernel error, most computers running Windows do not show a blue screen unless they are configured to do so. Instead these systems suddenly reboot without any notice.

WhoCrashed shows the drivers that have been crashing your computer with a single click. In most cases it can pinpoint the offending drivers that have been causing misery on your computer system in the past. It does post-mortem crashdump analysis and presents all gathered information in a comprehensible way.

Normally, debugging skills and a set of debugging tools are required to do post-mortem crash dump analysis. By using this utility you do not need any debugging skills to be able to find out what drivers are causing trouble to your computer.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 01:06:59 am »
Hi,  the replies are in a separate edit box containing code..
              How it is the replies are viewed as a select code. Is it your settings or some other things.But anyhow, thanks for the information on who crashed it
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 04:36:37 am »
Hi, Go to the Bios and you will see  many entries. Just if you find Sata enabled , make it disable and try to reboot. Your problem would be solved. To go to bios either press the del key or f2. If you have different keys , do it and go to bios, where you did your memory and other test to finish totally to 100%.
                  If that does not fix the problem, Just have a same version of cd , as your version and insert and boot from cd , then select recovery instead of install. You will be going to cmd prompt. There you just give , if alerts 1 and to the next , just enter to go to c: There you type fixmbr and enter. If alert that it will change your mbr, choose yes . If will rewrite the correct mbr and it will boot normally. Try these and let me see how it goes
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".