Author Topic: could i connect my laptop with pc, and could i browse the folders in the pc  (Read 6878 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, ofcourse, i have wireless on both pc and laptop. pc has one wifi adapter and laptop having inbuilt wifi adapter, hardware.
                       Now can i fetch the files in laptop and browse and open and edit in pc. What is the simple procedure that i need to have this enabled.
                       can i access the dvd drive of the laptop in windows 7 and viceversa. There are some articles denoting sharing... But my confusion prevents me from attempting.
                        my pc has lan and laptop has wifi connection. My laptop has also a disabled Lan connection, a red cross in the system tray at the laptop.
                         my pc has win 7 and laptop has winxp

is it possible, if please give it in simple form without disturbing more hardware.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline jraju

• View Profile
hi, expecting reply

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Try making the PC you wanted to connect to as a adhoc. Give me a moment let me find you directions.
Julian

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hmm you could also make a cross over cable but I don't know how old your nic is because now a days nics can auto cross over with out the need to make a cable....
Julian

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You are talking about Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) but to remotely access a DVD drive - how are you going to remotely insert the disk that you want to use :)

Here are a couple of articles that should help you, otherwise there are others you can browse through -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/connect-using-remote-desktop-connection#connect-using-remote-desktop-connection=windows-7

http://www.geek.com/chips/how-to-setup-a-remote-desktop-and-connect-1515149/

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+i+remote+access+another+computer

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
opps I apparently mis understood what you wanted lol thanks for catching that boggin lol wow I feel dumb ha.
Julian

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Boggins, I want a simple solution. The scenario,
 I want to access the files in my laptop having xp to my windows 7 pc wirely connected , and a wireless dongle to use in spare.
               How to go about it? I should be able to open the file to see or to edit if necessity arises.
                I tried to learn thro the links, it was a little bit confusing.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I don't have a XP machine to try things out on, only having two Win 7 laptops - but as it's rare that I need two on together, I've never needed to do RDC - and can't check the articles out for you because my other laptop is in for repair.

You will need to log into the router to assign the target computer with a static/reserved IP address, but these are other Google links that deal with a XP machine being the main source.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+i+remoter+connect+xp+computer+to+win+7+computer