Author Topic: Right Click  (Read 5805 times)

Offline cnj1cj

• View Profile
Right Click
« on: May 18, 2016, 02:34:33 pm »
I have over 20 years experience with computers, mainly Microsoft, but this is a problem I cannot seem to resolve.  These are some of things that I have done: 1. Deleted the default value in registry - BriefcaseMenu.  2. Replaced explorer.exe and shell32.dll with new files from the installation disc.  3.  Ran full virus scans with 4 different programs, there were no infections or PUPs.  4.  Ran chkdsk /f /r there were no problems found.  5. Ran SFC and again no problems.  The log shows that AFLDLL.DLL has been unloaded.  This problem only occurs when you right click on a drive, that is, any drive at that point windows explorer crashes.  I am not certain but I think the right click on a drive causes something to malfunction causing the .dll to unload.  I welcome all replies with possible solutions.  The OS is Windows 7 Ultimate.

Thank you!!!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 02:55:57 pm by cnj1cj »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Right Click
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 03:31:09 pm »
From what info I've been able to find for that .dll is that in one instance it belongs to Iomega for a DVD burner.

Do you have such a program installed ?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 03:41:38 pm by Boggin »

Offline cnj1cj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 03:46:15 pm »
Yes, I do have Iomega DVD drive installed.  With respect to safemode I did see if the right click on a drives would cause explorer to fail and it did.  I going to see if Iomega is in the context menu in Shell view.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 04:02:14 pm »
Uninstall the program then see if right click still crashes Windows Explorer.

It may be that the program has become corrupt, so a reinstall is probably all that it needs - if that is the cause of the crash.

I removed the reference to Safe Mode as I realised it may still be loaded in that mode, so probably wouldn't have made any difference.

Offline cnj1cj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 04:05:39 pm »
Thank You, thank you!!!  You have just solved my problem, I opened the Iomega directory and deleted the afldll.dll, right clicked each drive windows explorer did not crash.  Iomega was not in shellview.  Have you had this problem before, I never would have had any idea where that file was located.

Again, thank you very much for your help.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 04:15:27 pm »
I'd never heard of the file and as it wasn't in my Win 7 Home Premium, did a Google search to see what it was related to.

When program DLLs get buggy, then a reinstall of the program usually resolves.