Author Topic: GOOGLE CORRUPTION FIX  (Read 4664 times)

Offline gd711

• View Profile
GOOGLE CORRUPTION FIX
« on: June 02, 2016, 09:23:03 pm »
When I TYPE anything in Google Search it automatically changes to "sunbeam mixer bread attachments" takes over not allowing to use
the same thing happens in Amazon it changes to "AUTO DC AC INVERTER" on two laptops I thought it was something to do with modem & router so i reset made no difference. I have run every scan and even reload W10 with no change, Any ideas?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: GOOGLE CORRUPTION FIX
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 02:15:24 am »
It sounds like you have picked up a Google redirect infection.

Hit the Windows key+r then type iexplore -extoff and press enter.

This will open IE without add-ons then click on the Tools cog - Internet options and under the Advanced tab click the Reset button and check all of the boxes - this requires a reboot to effect.

Download the free version of MBAM - once it has updated, click on Settings - Detection and Protection to ensure it is set to treat PuPs and PuMs as malware - you can use the dropdown to change its setting if needed.

It's optional if you want it to run it in Rootkit mode as a belt and braces and then start the scan.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/

An additional program to run is AdwCleaner - https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/

When the scan has completed it may list some programs in the lower pane that it considers as adware/undesirables.

Just uncheck the boxes of any you want to keep.

Click on Logfile and that will open Notepad with whatever else it has found and will remove when you close the file and click on Clean.

It will open another log to show what it has removed after the reboot.