Author Topic: what is the difference in original cartridge and recycle cartridge hp  (Read 13784 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, I bought hp 2130 all in one printer and , it came with a origianl cartridge. But the i nformation from the hp site shows differrence in printing pages capacity between original and next to buy, recycle cartridge. What is the difference and why?
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The cartridges that are usually supplied with new printers are smaller capacities than the ones you buy.

I think they are 7 and 11ml respectively.

Remember to give new cartridges a good shake before installing them as that usually ensures trouble free printing.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Thanks boggin for that . But why? Is it sample cartridges?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It's because they want you to start buying their HP printer cartridges sooner rather than later.

While it is under warranty though, I would continue to use their branded inks because if it develops a fault, using generic inks could void the warranty.

This is what I did with my Epson printer before going onto use the cheaper generic inks which I found to be just as good.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Boggins,
              so i have to first finish printing with the provided one, and then buy one new which contains the maximum capacity for this printer and then opt refills.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yes, that's basically it - after all, you aren't going to throw away a perfectly serviceable cartridge that perhaps will last longer than you may realise.

BTW - is it just a mono colour printer - my Epson all in one is a colour printer, although I only have the benefit of that if/when I print out web pages and for the odd letter, Black is sufficient and that usually requires replacing before the colour ones do.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, regarding about the recommendation of eco tank printer, i raised that issue because, the heat produced by the laser definitely causes some health problem for lungs. Even though it is not proved beyond doubt.
I have chosen the inkjet because of that. Moreover, i prefered mere inkjet , but could not get it . So, i opted for thermal inkject printer.
                                 Could not the company be liberal in atleast have the right capacity of cartridge in the buying pack itself

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
One word - Profit

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, the thermo inkjet process, which my hp 2130 printer has is briefly described here
The team at HP found that thin-film resistors could produce enough heat to fire an ink droplet. Two years later the HP and Canon teams found out about each other's work.[4][5]

In the thermal inkjet process, the print cartridges consist of a series of tiny chambers, each containing a heater, all of which are constructed by photolithography. To eject a droplet from each chamber, a pulse of current is passed through the heating element causing a rapid vaporization of the ink in the chamber and forming a bubble, which causes a large pressure increase, propelling a droplet of ink onto the paper (hence Canon's trade name of Bubble Jet). The ink's surface tension, as well as the condensation and resultant contraction of the vapor bubble, pulls a further charge of ink into the chamber through a narrow channel attached to an ink reservoir. The inks involved are usually water-based and use either pigments or dyes as the colorant. The inks must have a volatile component to form the vapor bubble; otherwise droplet ejection cannot occur. As no special materials are required, the print head is generally cheaper to produce than in other inkjet technologies.
                  The above being the case, let me know, whether refill is possible for this kind of cartridges, which is way ahead in inkjet technology

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
How am I supposed to know that ????

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Re: what is the difference in original cartridge and recycle cartridge hp
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 09:49:02 am »

The above being the case, let me know, whether refill is possible for this kind of cartridges, which is way ahead in inkjet technology

Looks like they can be refilled  :wink:https://www.stinkyinkshop.co.uk/hp/ink-cartridges/hp-deskjet-2130-all-in-one

Quote from that site....'refills' are genuine products that have been used once, then reconditioned and refilled as a money saving, environmentally friendly alternative to buying the genuine HP item

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 08:53:25 pm »
Hi, Boggins, is it a secret,
                               The refill procedure to refill at home is available in the net. I usually have it with shops that do refill once the original cartridge is exhausted.
                               I asked this question because, it was done On INKJET technology used printers, which have the same type of cartridges.
                               Since, the printer technology is different in this printer , using thermal ink technology, the procedure is given in my previous post, i asked this question.
                               Just imagine the price of cartridge nearly equals the printer price, So you are purchasing a printer a month, if refill is not possible.
                              I do hope that it concerns the recurring cost.
                 Hi, Samson, thanks for the link.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2016, 12:00:49 am »
Hi, Samson,
                 A technical question
                     In inkjet the ink flows from nozzle always.
                      In thermal inkject, the ink flows when it is required by the printer, due to improved technlogy.
                           In inkjet, normally ink is refilled using, just injecting the same thro the cartridge.                   

In thermal inkjet, will this method be different, as it is described in my last but one post, wherein i gave the details of .
                                It is for academic as well as for economy.
Here it goes:
In the thermal inkjet process, the print cartridges consist of a series of tiny chambers, each containing a heater, all of which are constructed by photolithography

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 02:10:55 am »
Before buying any printer it is always best to see what ink refills are going to cost.

I don't know if Lexmark are still in business as their printers were quite cheap but the inks were very expensive.

This is where the vendors hope to make their money out of you.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2016, 05:34:43 am »
Hi, I already know what would be the cost, ie , printer cost for every buy of cartridges.
                   Hi, samson, i noted that it is having a different print head unlike inkjet. I tried to search for the actual mechanism. I did find some reference links. But it could not be found, as it is filled with recent topics on hp news.
                         Each tiny chamber contains a heater, and . To eject a droplet from each chamber, a pulse of current is passed through the heating element causing a rapid vaporization of the ink in the chamber and forming a bubble, which causes a large pressure increase, propelling a droplet of ink onto the paper. This technology is totally different from ordinary inkjet, but the look of the cartridge is the same any way.
                    Samson, i want to hear from you

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 06:00:41 am »
Sorry J, I can't offer anymore help than is on the site that I linked to  :sad:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 06:02:16 am by Samson, Reason: Spelling »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2016, 04:26:41 pm »
Hi,
                Samson. Is this technology prevent inkdrying as in inkjet or wil it last as laser toner. That is the precise point, i want to know. Surfed materials do not list this.

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2016, 10:21:33 am »
Sorry J, I can't help with that  :sad: