Author Topic: Audio Crash and Burn  (Read 4691 times)

Offline GuyF

• View Profile
Audio Crash and Burn
« on: June 07, 2016, 11:37:40 pm »
I have a Windows 10 PC that has worked great for quite some time. Suddenly, my audio started stuttering. At first, I thought that it was only happening on Google Chrome, as was advertised. But it was happening no matter what program was running. I had some recommendations to use Tweaking.com (which I was already using) and updated it and did just that. Well, after running Tweaking.com to fix the problem, I now have absolutely NO sound. And every possible audio option that I had that once worked just fine (except for the sudden addition of stuttering) was now gone. Not an option. No longer did it recognize the stuttering but now it did not even recognize any audio that was on my computer. My computer now recognizes NO audio. I have re-installed all updated drivers, I have explored every single option that was available to fix this problem. ALL HAVE FAILED. Tweaking has taken my problem from not acceptable audio to NONE.

Care to fix what you have totally ruined????

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Audio Crash and Burn
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 12:57:46 am »
Can you go back into Windows Repair and use the registry restore to see if that returns your audio.

A number of people have found that stuttering has been caused because of a conflict with the LAN driver and disabling that has eliminated the stuttering.

As WR also fixes network problems, that may have resulted in the loss of audio.

If disabling the LAN driver resolves your audio problem then download and Save the LAN driver from the vendor's support site then go into Device Manager, expand Network adapters then right click on the LAN and select Uninstall, checking the box to include software.

You can then install the new LAN driver.

If your problem isn't a driver conflict then in Device Manager, expand Sound and check for any yellow alerts, red crosses or black downward pointing arrows.

The latter denotes a disabled device.

Right click on your audio adapter and select Scan for hardware changes to see what that produces.

Event Viewer may also have something recorded.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 01:00:12 am by Boggin »