Author Topic: Registry Backup within WR 3.9.3 resets settings to default  (Read 4366 times)

Offline Still_Game

• View Profile
Registry Backup within WR 3.9.3 resets settings to default
« on: June 22, 2016, 02:37:55 am »
I updated to WR 3.9.3 yesterday. I have the Registry Backup component of the software set to run under the system account, use VSS by default, create only one new daily backup and keep a set number of backups. I noticed that today backup completed very quickly (normally takes more than 2 minutes to start the VSS copy on my laptop) and, when I checked the backup folder, found that it had created the backup by the fallback method. Checking the settings, it looks as if all have returned to default.

I've re-entered my chosen settings but am I'm wondering if the extensive re-coding in this release has overwritten my chosen settings - I haven't noticed this happening before. If it's by design, a warning to other users to check their settings..........................
Iain

ThinkPad T450s W10 Pro x64
Windows Defender, Malwarebytes Premium
Macrium Reflect 7 Home, Tweaking WRAIO Pro

Offline Still_Game

• View Profile
Re: Registry Backup within WR 3.9.3 resets settings to default
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 12:56:36 am »
Alright, just downloaded WR AIO v. 3.9.4 and, again, in the Registry Backup component, which is v. 3.4.1, my preference settings were again returned to defaults. It would be nice if, when updating WR AIO to a new version, the RB settings were maintained. For one thing, as I keep more backups than the defaults, some of my registry backups get deleted if the "keep minimum number of backups" settings is reset to the default.
Iain

ThinkPad T450s W10 Pro x64
Windows Defender, Malwarebytes Premium
Macrium Reflect 7 Home, Tweaking WRAIO Pro