Author Topic: Windows Repair V3.9.5  (Read 6677 times)

Offline Misslulu

• View Profile
Windows Repair V3.9.5
« on: July 15, 2016, 08:09:24 pm »
This is just informational to let you guys know of a bug I experienced in the newest (free) portable version 3.9.5. This is the first issue I have ever experienced in years of using this program which I love and recommend to everybody. After updating I started the repairs and I did not see any indication that the program was running. The CMD box opened and was just a blank screen but I noticed that the repairs are set to be hidden to speed up the repair process. I left for a while and after 3 hours, it still looked as though there was no progress. I decided to click on CMD box where all I saw was a flashing cursor. I hit return and finally saw the blue progress bar begin to move. It seems that the initial instruction to hit a button to continue was not visible to me and just by luck, I happened to do that though it was 3 hours later.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 08:13:00 pm by Misslulu »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Repair V3.9.5
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 12:31:10 am »
I've moved this thread to the Tweaking.com Support section so that it is together with the others.

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 09:30:24 am »
I could have sworn shane disabled the clicking of a cmd box due to this can you let me know what repair this is and i'll check this out. also which version of windows are you running? here is a snap shot to show me which version
Julian

Offline Misslulu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 05:13:51 am »
I apologize for the very late response, the notification got lost in my email. I was on Windows 10 Home OS Build 10586.494 (64-bit) which was an update pushed to my laptop the day before I made my post. I was running the free portable version of Windows Repair V3.9.5 from my flash drive and most of the repairs on the list were checked to run and after I had clicked to start the repairs I did not notice any activity but thought nothing of it since it said there would be nothing showing in the cmd box but after a few hours when I returned to my computer I pulled up my task manager and I noticed that it said Windows Repair was running but there was barely any activity showing for it so I closed task manager and was actually going to restart the program and happened to click on the blank cmd box screen and hit enter which got the program going. I was also unable to start the repairs in safe mode but that may have possibly had to do with startup issues I was having at the time.

I also used your program on another laptop with the same OS build running a few days later except this time it was the installed version and it ran flawlessly with no interaction from me at all to get started. Again, thank you for fixing my pc which I use for school and would have been in a state of panic if I did not have this program to turn to. I have never had a virus show to be the cause of the mysterious changes that get applied to my PC and the corruption that follows but luckily your program has always been there to fix it.