Author Topic: Error using SFC & DSKCHK function all-in-one Repair-Prompted to Contact Support  (Read 4709 times)

Offline redlakesassy5974

• View Profile
Greetings all,

I am attempting to utilize the service in the hopes of verifying the source of some potential system errors and an error message received. I have been receiving an error about being unable to connect to a windows service-system event viewer. This error also occurs while in safe boot mode. While in safe boot with networking, I attempted to have the all-in-one program run an SFC and encountered the following:
"Verification phase of system scan 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection could not perforn the requested operation. Please Restart your computer when System File Checker is Finished. Press any key to continue."

The chkdsk function without reboot function works and reports no errors but the chkdsk at next reboot command is constantly bypassed and reboot occurs without chkdsk running at all. It did work once while using the advanced system tweaker program, but bypassed correcting it and rebooted to normal desktop mode.

Upon attempting to view list of repairs/start repairs now I received the following error (this has been a constant issue when I have ran this part of the program)

"The current repair has failed to start for over 30 sec. Trying Again...."x4 times receiving this message. Then : " The current repair has failed to start 4 times. Something is keeping the repair from running. Try running the repairs in windows safe mode" (the state the system was currently in at the time this message displayed was safe mode with networking) ." If the repairs still fail then please post in the tweaking.com forums for support". Does anyone have any suggestions about why this is occurring? I am a pro user on a windows 7 service pack 1 system.  Thanks so much in advance!

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Sometimes Windows Firewall can produce that error, so see if turning it off helps.

Also boot up into the advanced boot options and select Repair your Computer, making a note where it locates the OS.

Select Command Prompt and enter bcdedit |find "osdevice" to confirm the partition letter then enter chkdsk x: /f where x is the partition letter.

This will execute a chkdsk without the need to reboot.

Type and enter exit to close the command window when done.

If you have an install disk that includes SP1 then you can boot up with that and navigate to the Recovery Environment to select Command Prompt to do the same, but you can also execute this command - (assuming c is the partition letter)

sfc /scannow /offbootdir=C:\ /offwindir=C:\Windows

For clarification, that is a Pipe symbol before find which is the upper case of \ and in the sfc command, there's a space before each /

Offline redlakesassy5974

• View Profile
Thanks, I will try some of those suggestions to see if any are helpful.