Author Topic: Windows Repair ~ offline file permissions reset  (Read 6334 times)

Offline Mac

• View Profile
Windows Repair ~ offline file permissions reset
« on: August 13, 2016, 07:03:01 am »
I need to reset all the file permissions of an offline Windows 7 install. My only handy spare running system is running Windows 10 (rs1). The Win7 system drive is mounted on F:
When I run the repair tool, I select (only) F: and the reset file permissions tickbox, but when run the tool detects the host operating system version of 10.14393.51, which is NOT the operating system of the target needing repair, so I suspect it will apply incorrect Win10 permissions, not the Win7 permissions I need. Is there a way around this? perhaps command line options for the Manage ACL tool? (I can find no documentation). I would prefer the GUI tool to ASK me what the target operating system is, and which drive is the system drive of my chosen Op system for repair.
Thanks in advance for any assistance with this.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Repair ~ offline file permissions reset
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 10:37:04 am »
I've passed this onto Shane, but it may be a few days before I get a reply to my email.

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Repair ~ offline file permissions reset
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 04:37:30 am »
Manageacl is based off of the open sourced code of setacl Shane used some of the commands as set ACL and took out a lot here is the set ACL website. https://helgeklein.com/setacl/documentation/command-line-version-setacl-exe/ this site gives a list of commands. As for a gui version I don't think I know of any program.
Julian