Author Topic: sfc results  (Read 3934 times)

Offline Dusty Van

• View Profile
sfc results
« on: September 07, 2016, 06:25:01 pm »
I'm starting to have trouble with a couple of system operations , one of which is Windows Update.  I tried a few  fixes but no solves. I ran an sfc scan. I got results that said "errors found, some couldn't be resolved" (or something similar). Looking through the CBS log I found that wdscore.dll was corrupted and was not able to repaired. I think with something called syswow64. Then I read about some new exploit that screws with syswow64. I don't know where to go from here. None of my scanners picked up anything. So, I don't know if this virus is responsible or it's simply a system glitch.
Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.
Tnx,
Dusty

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: sfc results
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 01:23:30 am »
As this is a recent problem, have you downloaded anything or made any changes to your system.

Using your restore points back to before the problem occurred may resolve.

If you get an unsuccessful restore operation, then retry the restore in Safe Mode as antivirus programs can interfere with that operation.

If that doesn't resolve, can you perform another sfc /scannow and then follow that up with SFCFix.exe from http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/sfcfix.html

This will produce its own report which you can copy & paste into the reply box and it may even be able to repair files sfc was unable to.

Can you also post which version of Windows you are using.

Which scanners have you used ?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 01:30:15 am by Boggin »