Author Topic: Need help with corrupt files please  (Read 15943 times)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with corrupt files please
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2016, 02:17:31 PM »
The forum went all to hell so I'm having to retype this.

Can you try that again with your antivirus program disabled.

A fix for that error is to delete the $WINDOW~BT folder but that will have your previous OS in if it's still there and deleting that could prevent you from reverting to your previous OS or resetting Win 10.

If you still get that error then a revert is the only option that I think you have left with none of the repair tools working.
Tom.

Offline SkootenBeeten1396

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2016, 12:08:34 PM »
The forum went all to hell so I'm having to retype this.

Can you try that again with your antivirus program disabled.

A fix for that error is to delete the $WINDOW~BT folder but that will have your previous OS in if it's still there and deleting that could prevent you from reverting to your previous OS or resetting Win 10.

If you still get that error then a revert is the only option that I think you have left with none of the repair tools working.

Trying again without the antivirus gave me the same error, sorry.
I don't think I'd like to delete that folder, as that then leaves me without an option to revert, thanks so much for all your efforts, and on a final note, do you think the problems I've been having will affect resetting or reverting?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2016, 12:58:43 PM »
I don't know if they will affect your ability to revert, but instead of deleting that folder, you could rename it and try that download button again.

That way it will remain intact should you still only have the option of reverting.

However if it has been more than 30 days since you activated Win 10 then that folder may no longer be present which means you will not be able to revert.

The only option then would be to reset Win 10.

Go Start - Settings - Update & Security - Recovery and see what options it allows you.
Tom.