Author Topic: How to schedule mbam.exe to run on every start up  (Read 8915 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
How to schedule mbam.exe to run on every start up
« on: September 24, 2016, 06:06:09 am »
Hi,
                Using task scheduler, i could make the program start and it shows in running stage, code 2670009. But , what i want is to execute the program mbam.exe at start up. I am failing in this with possible error codes 1. If the task has been run, i should get 0 as Last Run Code. I checked the last run activity code in nirsoft utility.
                 what i want is , to run , the mbam.exe at start. Please say, I have given some name and in actions , selected by browsing mbam.exe in my computer path and then make it to run on every start up. whenever, i tried with nirsoft tool, i get the code, which states that the exe is running. I could also see the process in process tab in task manager. But , what i want is, it should exe, by opening the program, when we double click it. I think, giving the path of exe would be enough , if the program has to start.
                             I know that it is running , but it did not show any opening in my desktop pl
the command line parameters do not work in latest editions of mb
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to schedule mbam.exe to run on every start up
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 09:26:29 am »
I don't use the Premium version so can't help, but would suggest that you register and pose your question on the MBAM Forum.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 08:48:00 pm »
Hi, Boggins,
                     I also do not use premium. I want it scheduled at task scheduler. So , do you mean to say that it is not possible in free version.
                      Normally exe files , could be triggered using task scheduler or batch file.
                        I know that command line parameters have been stopped in v2 onwards. What i want is to trigger the mbam.exe.
                           Regarding context menu, i raised and sent logs to the forum. Nope. So many log files and softwares werre given, but at last the problem still remains.
                             I could easily run exe in task scheduler, for which it is meant. I suppose, the mb people disabled it to run on free version and also it is to be seen, that the version number other than the actual release dates do not get mentioned by the mb . If you click about button, there is nothing stated there. Moreover, you cannot only update, you must have to scan each time it starts.
                          As an alternative, would you suggest equal software, like this .I love mb, but recently they have stopped command line parameters, and also compulsorily scan is mandatory for each session.
                              The reason that they update hourly does not go well with reasoning because update and scan are two separate things. They come with excuse, that their/'s is updating db every few hours.
                               :cheesy:
                                  Normally exe run in scheduler. I do not get 0 zero , successful run in last result code. But when i normal double click, the program opens main window, which i want thro task scheduler.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 01:02:08 am »
I've never used Task Scheduler so cannot advise on that.

I'm not sure why you want MBAM to run on boot - surely your AV program will already be doing that ?

And yes, when you go into MBAM Settings to set up a schedule you will see that it says it is only available with the Premium version.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 01:08:31 am »
Hi, Because, it is always failing at the first attempt of my right click mbam.exe, in context menu. If  i could trigger this thro, in the startup, it would open once atonce, and further right click will scan individual files correctly.
                         I could understand that update part in exe. But why it fails at mbam. exe in triggering thro task schedule?
                          Could you the version of your malware bytes in free version?
                              any other alternative free, one like mb

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 01:16:45 am »
Can you clarify your last sentence as it's a bit cryptic to me.

I only run MBAM now and again because I trust Norton Security to keep the baddies out, but when I do run it, I use the desktop icon.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 01:18:53 am »
Hi, I ask for alternative to malware bytes, shortly noted as mb

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 01:46:09 am »
None come to mind but I would think a Google could find some, although but you already have a built in antimalware scanner in the form of MSRT which can be run by going Start - type mrt.exe and press enter.

You get the options for quick, full and file scans.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 02:07:07 am »
Hi,
                       i am trying norton power eraser for malware. Your idea on that . It is free.I hope that it is not yet another av..Otherwise, i have the conflict of using avast and this . pl say, is this only malware removal tool

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 03:09:56 am »
Be very careful with NPE as it defaults to an aggressive Rootkit scan and can take out or damage legit programs.

Click on Advanced and then on System Scan.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 12:48:53 am »
I have solved by adopting the techniques given in this link. You need not do anything uac and file open error. It is simple and perfect solution. It just opens the program at startup, which you just has to close. Then if you click individual or downloaded file for scan with malware by right click, it exactly works perfectly. Only omission in the tutorial is to select trigger tab, before Action tab instructions. Tab trigger tab, select new and then just select at startup from the drop down menu. The path should be correct and also the name of the program in the arguments, exact with space if in the program files folder. Normally all the programs are installed in that folder.
the link is
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11949-elevated-program-shortcut-without-uac-prompt-create.html
                             It is very useful to run program at elevated command