Author Topic: Win 10 won't boot except to Safe Mode  (Read 19974 times)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Win 10 won't boot except to Safe Mode
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2016, 01:38:16 pm »
In Recovery/Advanced do you still have the option to revert to a factory reset ?

If not then I think you are looking at a clean install which will overwrite C: and clean out any crap, so that you just have Win 10 in there.

Prior to upgrading did you create Lenovo's recovery disks and create a system image as a fall back ?

Offline Curtis

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2016, 01:38:55 pm »
I did a full upgrade to Win 10, wiping the drive clean and starting over.  Things went smoothly but once windows was fully installed, the exact issues remain.  No usb devices showing up even with follow up downloads to update windows.
I decided to shoot it and I ordered another laptop which I had thought about over the last few months anyway.
Thanks so much for the help that you and Shane provided.  Apparently there are no forces on Earth that will fix this sucker.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2016, 01:57:49 pm »
It would be a hell of a coincidence that your motherboard could have gone south at the same time as a reinstall, but I can't think of anything else that could have caused this given what you have tried.

Age of the laptop is irrelevant as the motherboard went bad on this Toshiba laptop after just three years.