Author Topic: How do you overwrite incorrect time date data inside Windows?  (Read 5243 times)

Offline Phototaker

• View Profile
How do you overwrite incorrect time date data inside Windows?
« on: December 24, 2016, 09:01:12 pm »
I was wondering if anyone on this forum knows of any tools that allows you to correct some of Windows data that gets stored incorrectly.  As you know if you have a file in Windows Explorer it has several columns displayed usually these are file name & file type etc.  There is often a down arrow that sometimes displays that allows you to choose other column heading that could be pertinent to that particular type of data.  Is there any tool that allows to to overwrite the incorrect data that Windows displays?

Case in point I took lots of pictures on a holiday with various cameras all of which had the time clock set to the same time & date, so that when I finished my holiday I could put all data into one folder & have them sorted in the same time time date no what camera was used. 

As it turned out my Large Camcorder which could take both video & stills, would not connect to my PC in the ordinary way.  But I was eventually able to be data off of camera by plugging a WD passport drive directly into the camcorder. 

Windows in its infinite wisdom decided to ignore all of the time date data on each file & instead used the time date that the camcorder was connected to the PC.  I can actually view within the camcorder the real time & date its calendar when it was recorded.  How do I get to correct the nonsense time date that now appears on the PC.

Thanks in advance
Thanks in advance

Offline Samson

• View Profile

Offline Phototaker

• View Profile
Re: How do you overwrite incorrect time date data inside Windows?
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 01:27:49 am »
Thanks that came in really handy
Thanks in advance