Author Topic: Okay, I feel stupid but... what to do with program after downloading it.  (Read 4905 times)

Offline beachinmoney

• View Profile
 :cheesy: Hi, I found your site and wanted a systems tweaker to fix Windows 10, 64bit problems. I have same registry errors that always come up and I always look up how to fix them but nothing works. So, I have a new 64GB sanDisk and I put it into the USB drive and I thought downloading the tweaking.com portable and putting it on this drive so that I could use it on my laptop as well would be the way to go. I downloaded the portable and it's a zip file. I couldn't figure out then what to do. Do I want to copy the whole zip file to the flash drive? I also downloaded the regular exe file. I don't want to just run it cause I don't know what it will do yet. Can I get some general information? If I just run the exe file on my computer then will it be a program that I can choose to start when I want to??? Confused, sorry!

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I've never used the portable version and have the Pro version installed, so I can't help you with that.

With it installed you would double click on the desktop icon to start the program and work your way through the pre-steps then use the program to boot up into Safe Mode.

It will boot you up into Safe Mode with Networking but because wireless doesn't work in that mode in Win 10, you would need to Ethernet connect.

Use Option 5 to make a registry back up, click on Repairs/Open Repairs and look through the ones you want to run and wait for it to complete then restart as prompted.

It is advocated to run the program repairs twice in Safe Mode.

However, what problems are you having and what have you tried so far ?