Author Topic: Registry compressor problem 2  (Read 5123 times)

Offline Peter Pan

• Keep up smiling :)
    • View Profile
Registry compressor problem 2
« on: December 14, 2016, 09:49:37 am »
This Reply is following the locked topic:
http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php/topic,4921.0.html

Dear Shane,
I value very much your Registry compressor (RC), as it is the only tool in net (and I have searched and tried a lot) which is so clean and straightforward and professional! That is why I would very much celebrate it if it could be corrected to work again :)
I tried RC with all last WIN 10 updates, unfortunately every time it shows errors (as described in my first post) after running it, contrary to other compressors, which work without problems.

I invested a lot of time compressing the registry with RC one way and another, checking the result and reverting back to a previously saved disk backup in order to find the reason for the errors (actually always using the portable version and never having used the installable). Unfortunately I could not see where the problem comes from.

Herein I am attaching 2 text files, which I get as a result of the "DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH" command described in my first post: the first is the file showing all errors after the compression, the second one is the result on the same system but without the errors (as there is no registry compression with RC).

I hoped this files could give some clue what is happening wrong...

N.B. The command SFC /SCANNOW is NOT showing any problems!

I would be happy to help if I can in some way...  :wink:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 11:24:45 pm by Peter Pan »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Registry compressor problem 2
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 02:59:57 pm »
I'll pass this one onto Shane for you but not sure when either of us will get a reply because of his work load.