Author Topic: after Tweaking run AOMEI Backupupper (good-tested-used much) HANGS  (Read 5044 times)

Offline FreeCat

• View Profile
Howdy Shane,

I use AOMEI Backuperupper to backup system on my machine; have used it for years.  Works fine.  I even restored full system from it.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit - SP1 latest update on Dell T7500 with 64 GB RAM using 2 AMD W7000 graphics cards with 8 Dell WP2407 monitors on Seagate 2 TB C Hybrid SS drive.

But, I ran the latest Tweaking (following all instructions like:  Safe mode, power off, etc. and now the AOMEI program hangs.  The first time it was right at the beginning; this first time, it hung right after I moved the AOMEI flash screen to another monitor.  The second time, AOMEI went to 31% complete and I did not move the flash screen but I did touch the app with my mouse to see settings.

Both of these times machine seemed to be completely hung insofar as moving the mouse all over the desktop, the mouse was not able to call up the task bar or any other application.  I let the AOMEI sit for a while (first time for 7 hours and the second time for 3 hours) with no change in AOMEI progress or desktop response.

Also, through this hang and could move the mouse and the keyboard was connect as the CAPS LOCK worked but not the Windows key.

Shane, what would you suggest I do to get around this.  I really need this backup and do not know what to change to un-tweak.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

God Bless,
FreeCat
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 07:29:24 am by FreeCat, Reason: forgot to put os and machine info »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: after Tweaking run AOMEI Backupupper (good-tested-used much) HANGS
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 11:41:45 am »
I would suggest you boot up into the advanced boot options and select Repair your Computer -

https://neosmart.net/wiki/accessing-advanced-boot-options-menu/

Navigate to the Recovery Environment and select the Restore points option, using one a couple back from your last operation to see if that resolves.