Author Topic: Cortana warning  (Read 5460 times)

Offline dekade

• View Profile
Cortana warning
« on: January 04, 2017, 09:46:27 am »
I have just started using Windows Repair Free on Windows 10 newest build. I have ran it a few times per all instructions (safe mode with networking, etc.). I have noticed that approximately 80% of the way through the process I get about 15 lines of bright red text. (same situation all times that I have ran it)

Within the text is something about Cortana - the Windows 10 annoying assistant. I cannot recite the actual text because I have not thoroughly read it. I do not use Cortana and I do not have Cortana in full blown deployment on the computers (as in - Cortana is signed in with a Microsoft Account).

Has anyone seen this same Cortana occurrence? Despite my vague information to you - Does the red letter text Cortana issue appear to anyone as being something that I need to pay further attention to regarding repairs????

Thanks,

Dekade

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cortana warning
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 03:16:16 pm »
I haven't seen the one about Cortana but have gotten the red lettering about WR trying to install something failing because I already had a later version of it already installed.

I've asked Shane about that but as yet, not received an explanation.

I quite often get errors in Event Viewer about certain aspects of Win 10 nor registering for items I don't use, but just ignore them.

I think Win 10 is a particularly difficult program to keep up with because it constantly gets updates for this, that and the other which while not appearing in Update History, they are recorded in reliability history.

I don't know if you want to run WR again and try to make a note of what it reports and I'll inform Shane about it when I have something more specific to report.

Offline dekade

• View Profile
Re: Cortana warning
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 05:00:56 pm »
Thanks Boggin. I understand your reply. I am thinking about running WP again with a fresh W10 install that has been causing problems. I will keep an eye out for that screen about Cortana and try to quickly take a still shot of it with a camera.