Author Topic: windows 10 login delyed 5 minutes  (Read 6191 times)

Offline rieman

• View Profile
windows 10 login delyed 5 minutes
« on: January 04, 2017, 11:01:23 am »
My pc is an HP envy 17 notebook pc, running Windows 10 Home, version 1607, build 14393.576, with 16 GB ram, 64-bit OS.
All startup apps are disabled (under System Configuration Services and Task Manager Startup), except for the Microsoft services.

The problem is this:
When I turn my computer on I can see the HP logo with dots circling.
When lock screen shows up with background pic and time and date, I press enter key to go to login screen.
The login screen is set up with a different background color, and it opens with no password prompt. After about 30 sec it returns to the lock screen.

After waiting about 5 minutes, I can press the enter key, and the login screen opens with a password  prompt. I have tried waiting less that 5 minutes at the lock screen to return to the login screen, but there is no password prompt until 5 minutes have passed.
After entering the password, the computer behaves normally.

I ran Windows Repair (3.9.12), but the login delay was not fixed.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: windows 10 login delyed 5 minutes
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 04:16:57 pm »
3.9.12 is quite an old version - update to 3.9.21 but I don't think it will resolve your start up problems.

Right click on the battery icon in the system tray and select Power Options > click on Choose what closing the lid does > click on Change settings that are currently unavailable and uncheck the box for fast startup > Save > then reboot to see if it makes any difference, else have a look in Event Viewer for errors with the same date and time stamp for when you boot up.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 01:36:01 am »
i think your problem is file error follow my steps

Step 1: Right-click Start button and navigate the mouse over Shut down or sign out, which reveals a bunch of power options.

Step 2: Press and Hold Shift key and then click Restart. Wait until your computer reboots and enters into the Advanced Options screen.

Alternatively, you can access Advanced options via Settings app (Windows key + I) and then navigate to Update & security > Recovery. At this moment an Advanced Startup screen followed by Restart now option should appear on the screen. Just click it.

Step 3: Your computer will now boot into an option-laden screen as shown below. Just hit Troubleshoot to continue.

Step 4: Click Advanced options > Startup Settings and then hit Restart.

Step 5: Let your PC automatically boot into another Startup Settings screen, with a bunch of startup options listed along with a selection number. Just press the '4' key or 'F4′ key on your keyboard to initiate the reboot into Safe Mode. You may also boot into Safe Mode with Networking, by pressing '5' or 'F5′.

And then what ?

Offline rieman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 11:48:03 am »
Setting fast boot on/off had no effect.
The Event Viewer listed one error at boot up time: Event ID 10016 - DistributedCOM
I fixed this error with the procedure given here: https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/event-id-10016-distributedcom.47/
It also had no effect on the login delay.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 03:00:24 pm »
There are occasions when mine can take over 2 mins but as yet, I haven't found a solution.

This first started after the August update and from a Google, has blighted a number of computers to varying degrees without a solution from MS that I can find.

Boot log info doesn't seem to work in Win 10 where you can see the drivers loading as you could in Win 7 and a Boot log only records the drivers in the order that they load - some with a fail because they have already been loaded, but I don't know why Windows tries to load them more than once.

Perhaps that's the cause ?

A repair install hasn't resolved, but the current Win 10 ISO is for 1607 14393.0 so it just reloads post Aug update.

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 02:51:39 am »
are you using netplwiz to auto login on your pc? if so i've noticed so many bugs on windows 10 with that... in fact after you login i want you to check hit winkey+r type in netplwiz make sure there is a check mark on users must enter a password to use this computer after that hit apply reboot and see what happens.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 02:54:05 am by Julian »
Julian