Author Topic: New version Registry Backup says VSS not running, old version works fine (XP)  (Read 4949 times)

Offline Elwood

• high-handed
    • View Profile
    • UniteBlue
Hi,

Have used registry backup for years without problems. Decided to update to newest version 3.5.3 but it wouldn't detect VSS as running on XP SP3 and failed to backup with fallback method disabled. Uninstalled it and installed v. 1.6.7, it detected VSS as running and successfully backed up the registry with fallback method disabled.
Bleeding heart Liberal and proud of it.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Have you tried it in a clean boot or run the backup from within Windows Repair in Safe Mode with Networking ?

Offline Elwood

• high-handed
    • View Profile
    • UniteBlue
Hi,

No, haven't tried Windows Repair as yet, haven't needed it, but will if I ever do because I know programs from tweaking.com to be good. Just thought y'all would like to know of the failure to backup registry in my case, tried it several times.

I let Registry Backup backup my registry once a day at boot time and have used it to restore a few times when needed.

Thanks.
Bleeding heart Liberal and proud of it.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I was wanting to know if you could create a registry backup using WR after opening repairs as it uses the same 3.5.3 to create the back up.

If you can, then the standalone version may have become corrupt and would need reinstalling.