Author Topic: I have done every step from Step 1-5 (and all options) & Safe Mode but . . .  (Read 7765 times)

Offline birdy

• View Profile
Hi there folks,

Thanks for the cool program. I have used it many times over the years. I have the pro version and have the latest v3.9.23. See here: https://www.screencast.com/t/C1A8JCxJhVH

So, on this one though:

***I attached the latest log too in that .zip file.

chkdsk had no errors FYI.

I have done every step from Step 1-5 (and all options) & running in Safe Mode with Networking but get this at job 11/41 (I restarted two times and it still stops here at the same place): See screenshot https://www.screencast.com/t/d1QeLk387P

Here is my system info: https://www.screencast.com/t/HN9wCADs5Wi (Win 10 Pro 64 bit with a SSD drive).

Can you help me out to get it to finish?

:)

Greg
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 06:42:37 pm by birdy »

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Weird it got stuck on removing temp files well uncheck that one that's more of a maintenance cleanup repair. Run all the other ones and let me know how it goes :smiley:
Julian

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Even CCleaner can struggle with temp files when the folder is highly populated, but you could experience performance problems when it is.

To check, go Start - type %temp% and press enter.

If it is highly populated then press CTRL+a to highlight then CTRL+d to delete - confirm and if prompted to include one or two small file remnants, check the box then select Skip - then empty the Recycle Bin.

Offline birdy

• View Profile
Hey Guys,

I just unticked the temp folder and it ran great. I will delete the temp items manually. Thanks for the other info on CCleaner too.

FYI, those files were like 25GB (is that considered pretty big and likely caused it)?

:)

Side question but somewhat related to temp files that show up in the C: root directory: https://www.screencast.com/t/jgmt3muzL (what do you think on this?)

Thanks so much!

Best,

Greg

« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 06:35:58 pm by birdy »

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
woah I'm curious what your environment variables are here open up windows repair click step 2 optional click the button under the prescan button on the right. i uploaded a picture of what should pop up step 7 should be the one but it does not hurt to set them all back to default.
let me know
thanks,
Julian
Julian

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
belay that huh where is temp folder on this.... okay another way right click on the start menu click system on the left pane click on advanced system settings. on bottom directly above the cancel button it should say environment variables go ahead and click that now what we want to look at is the system variables should be the bottom box on the right there is a scroll bar. go ahead and scroll down what does it say for TEMP and TMP. it should read C:\Windows\TEMP for both. now the user variables for ** which is on the top box for temp and tmp shoud say something in the lines of %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp
let me know
Thanks,
Julian
Julian

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Are you saying right click on the start button to access advanced system settings, Julian ?

That isn't how my Win 10 works.

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
ooh shoot i have anniversary version i totally forgot thanks boggin!
Julian