Author Topic: problem grading to latest windows repair aio pro 3.9.0.25  (Read 4724 times)

Offline tptan

• View Profile
problem grading to latest windows repair aio pro 3.9.0.25
« on: February 07, 2017, 08:28:08 pm »
I download the latest Ver. 3.9.0.25 to upgrade and my norton internet security block it as it detect it as a Trojan.Gen.8. Why is this so.
 I don't have the problem with Ver. 3.9.0.24. Please advise.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: problem grading to latest windows repair aio pro 3.9.0.25
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 01:04:52 am »
I've just updated my Pro version and my Norton Security didn't mind.

This will be a false positive and could be caused by a bad Definitions update.

I suggest that you use your restore points to go back to before you updated, bring Norton back up to date and then try the WR update again.

A little while ago though, my Norton Security kicked out the WR .exe and even removed the desktop icon, wouldn't let me reinstall it and did the same when I rebooted to normal mode after reinstalling it in Safe Mode.

I had to contact Symantec who whitelisted it and after a couple of weeks, I removed it from the white list and it's been okay ever since.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: problem grading to latest windows repair aio pro 3.9.0.25
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 09:23:28 am »
I've just had the same problem with Norton Security finding the same heuristic on my two other laptops and it stopped the update.

I've uninstalled Norton on one laptop as I wasn't sure if it was causing other problems, but when you get the Norton pop up, click on Details and then on Options where you'll get a button to exclude the program from future scans.

As it disrupted the update and damaged the desktop icon, I had to download from the website where Norton then reported it as safe.