Author Topic: Need help with a corrupted manifest/missing  (Read 7587 times)

Offline esJR76

• View Profile
Need help with a corrupted manifest/missing
« on: January 28, 2017, 08:22:34 am »
Hello, everyone, i found this forum after hours of trying to repair my windows and googling all the errors i had.

I have Windows 10 Pro 14393.577 x64 (not insider build) which i installed clean back in december, getting update error right after the first boot. Thankfully, update troubleshooter was able to fix it, which honestly surprised me. Fast forward to January 11, I'm having an error after installing the new update pack and rebooting.
After looking up lots of forums and tutorials, i tried using Dism for the first time in my life and sfc for the first time in my life.

So, i tried to repair my OS using dism and powershell, using automatic (online?) repair and the one that requires windows image and it always ended up with an error. After going through the logs, i think i might've found the reason behind all this, which is corrupted manifest. Here's the part of the DISM log:

=================================
Checking System Update Readiness.

(p)   CSI Manifest Corrupt         wow64_microsoft-windows-o..tend-apis.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.14393.0_en-us_d7ad4067a8431656
Repair failed: Missing replacement manifest.

Summary:
Operation: Detect and Repair
Operation result: 0x800f081f
Last Successful Step: Entire operation completes.
Total Detected Corruption:   1
   CBS Manifest Corruption:   0
   CBS Metadata Corruption:   0
   CSI Manifest Corruption:   1
   CSI Metadata Corruption:   0
   CSI Payload Corruption:   0
Total Repaired Corruption:   0
   CBS Manifest Repaired:   0
   CSI Manifest Repaired:   0
   CSI Payload Repaired:   0
   CSI Store Metadata refreshed:   True

Is there any way to fix that without reinstalling OS(which is oddly is not an option for me right now)? Could i simply replace it with uncorrupted one? Is there any way to get uncorrupted one?

Thanks in advance, i do hope i can get help here. :)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with a corrupted manifest/missing
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 09:02:02 am »
A repair install would probably be the easiest option which is something I use now and again on an upgraded laptop that occasionally has problems.

I don't know what you used to upgrade with but you can create bootable install media by hitting the Download tool now button at https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 after reading how to create install media.

I normally disable my 3rd party antivirus program for the repair install and as the machine needs to be connected to the Internet throughout, I Ethernet connect.

From within Windows - open Windows Explorer - This PC - stick the media in and double click on the drive.

There is a little user input but I usually opt not to look for updates which for me seems to make the install go smoother and then you can do a manual check for updates after it has completed.

The bare repair install will give you 1607 14393.0 and the subsequent updates will take that to 14393.693

This doesn't affect your installed programs or personal stuff.