Author Topic: What Tweaking To Use  (Read 4862 times)

Offline SandyG

• View Profile
What Tweaking To Use
« on: February 20, 2017, 10:49:11 am »
I always have trouble when I come here getting the right file.  I am using Windows 10.  Can someone give me the direct link to the tweaking program I need to use to fix Windows 10?  I am using an external hard drive.  When I tried to save a picture from Facebook to the external hard drive today it said it wasn't responding and eventually timed out.  I tried to save a Publisher file today to my external hard drive and it stopped responding and then timed out.  One time while trying to save a picture from Facebook I got an I/O error.  My external hard drive is fairly new and shouldn't have a problem.  When I try to run my anti-virus, it stops at about 80%, both on my C drive and my external hard drive.  I don't know if I have a Windows error, a hard drive error, or just what.  Any suggestions on top of the correct link would be appreciated.  Assume I should run tweaking in case it's a Windows's error????

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What Tweaking To Use
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 04:26:54 pm »
Open a Command Prompt (Admin) then copy & paste the whole of the cmd in this article then try the saving again.

https://justworks.ca/blog/fix-event-513-capi2-errors-during-windows-backup

See if your AV program will run a scan in Safe Mode with Networking - while you can physically reconnect to your SSID in that mode via the Wifi icon in the system tray and entering the password, you would normally Ethernet connect for an Internet connection.

Perhaps you may want to try this first before copying & pasting that cmd.

Offline SandyG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 04:33:31 am »
Thank you for your reply.  I did a chkdsk /f command on the external hard drive.  It appeared to correct a couple of errors and my issue currently seems resolved.  I will hold on to this in case.  Thank you.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 05:01:35 am »
Does your AV now run to completion ?