Author Topic: Task Scheduler - event 413  (Read 7271 times)

Offline KR

• View Profile
Task Scheduler - event 413
« on: February 21, 2017, 12:00:10 pm »
Hi guys,
I hope I can pick your brains again

Since a few days I'm getting:
Event 413, Task Scheduler service failed to load tasks at service startup. Additional Data: Error Value: 2147942402.

at the same time I noticed in Task Scheduler:
the selected task "{0}" no longer exists....           (please see attached screen shots for both)

I'm not sure if both are related ...

I tried to fix with repair tool but to no avail
(note that I unchecked "reset services to default" and "fix important windows services" ... because I don't want to loose my settings ... but they are the same settings as before the error occurred ... but I would if you recommend)

I could not find any satisfactory answers on the net ... can you help?

Thanks

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Task Scheduler - event 413
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 03:48:01 pm »

Offline Still_Game

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 11:31:47 pm »
Are you running W7?

I've had persistent problems with similar messages from Task Scheduler in Windows 7 and Google led me to articles that link the problem with the Disk Defragmenter scheduled task. How that could be so is a mystery but if I toggled my Defrag off from on (or the reverse)  I was then able to open Task Scheduler as normal. If that works for you, you may find that the problem returns after a while, as it did for me. So I eventually disabled the Defrag Task in Scheduler and that seems to have fixed it for good (I hope).
Iain

ThinkPad T450s W10 Pro x64
Windows Defender, Malwarebytes Premium
Macrium Reflect 7 Home, Tweaking WRAIO Pro

Offline KR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 08:26:54 am »
Thanks to both of you, Boggin and Still_Game,

-I could not find much help in tha article mentioned - to techy for me and it also discusses taking action in regards to a specific task. In my case it seems the whole task scheduler is not running, as I get that message when accessing it - however, task scheduler service is set to started/automatic.

-I'm running Win7 Prof, 64 bit

- I have defragmenter disabled for years since I have a SSD and defrag the storage drive occasionally manually.

So - I restored a system image from a week ago and all is back to normal ... meaning error 413 does not show in Event Viewer.
However it would be nice to know what the fuzz with Task Scheduler is .... since I still get what you see in the screen shot

any further info on that is appreciated
Thanks for now