Author Topic: RAID  (Read 4924 times)

Offline rhuffman

• View Profile
RAID
« on: April 13, 2017, 10:08:18 pm »
Hey guys i just bought from ebay a couple of RAID Cages with drives. They are a SANS DIGITAL TowerRAID TR4M eSATA 4-drive tower JBOD/RAID w/Four 2TB Hard Drives (Setup up using JBOD), this connects through a ESATA card and a OWC MERCURY ELITE-AL PRO Qx2 - 8TB OF STORAGE (4 2 tb drives)(Setup up as RAID 5), this connects via USB. When i am fully booted up my mouse is acting jerky and i sometimes get the blue screen of death in Windows 7 Home Premium. Can these 2 cages conflict with each other. Also the Sans sometimes locks up when i try to run a chkdsk on drives 2 3 4. I copied over 1tb of files to drive 1 with no problems. I have taken the drives out and connected them to my docking station and all loaded fine and checked out fine using chkdsk. Any suggestions ????

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RAID
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 02:46:39 am »
I've asked for help on this one as I'm not into hardware, although other members who are may also step in to help.

With it being a Bank Holiday of course, that may not come until later.

Just to let you know you haven't been ignored :)

Offline rhuffman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 12:45:14 pm »
Cool. I booted my computer up without the cages on and when windows was booted up I turned the sans on and all the drives showed up, ran chkdsk on them all and all fine. Tagged a bunch of torrents and downloaded files overnight and it is still going with no errors. The mouse is still jittery with the sans running. I then turn the other raid cage on and all good. Moving files from both cages. I think I will reinstall the driver for the sans (jbod driver).

Offline jpm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 09:04:24 am »
My best guess would be the driver as well - for the BSOD.

The jittery mouse may very well be from an overloaded system. Have you looked at like task manager to see the cpu usage and memory usage while downloading?