Author Topic: Internet Explorer no longer functions after running repairs for Creators update  (Read 7205 times)

Offline whiggs

• View Profile
I actually noticed this while I was trying to write a script which creates an internet explorer window, I kept getting the error:
> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Error from function _IECreate,  (Browser Object Creation Failed)
So, I went to check out internet explorer and noticed that the application is missing entirely from the start menu.  In fact, the only way to find it is by searching with Cortana.  I think that Internet explorer was updated in the creators edition (see pic), and applying the Windows AIO repair for IE to the Creators update version has dis-associated it from the operating system.  For example, I tried resetting the internet settings from Internet options in control panel.  Now normally, if there are any IE processes running, trying to reset internet settings will generate a popup box telling you to close IE first.  Even though I had Internet Explorer open (after I found it with cortana), I was still able to perform the internet reset.  When I launch it, it appears to function correctly, but I am very troubled that I am unable to script with it anymore.  Any thoughts?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I've just manually updated this laptop to the Creators and when I opened IE, I would get that page.

Closing it and restarting IE a couple of times eventually got rid of it.

You can get IE back up by opening the Task Manager/File/Run new task then type iexplore.exe into the box, check the box to run the task as an admin - press Enter and that will open IE - you can then pin the icon to the taskbar.

Have you had a look at what I've experienced since updating to the Creators and if you have the same.

Page 2 at http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php/topic,5250.0.html

Offline whiggs

• View Profile
So this was my bad.  After running the fix IE repair, edge for some reason no longer works.  my bad

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I've passed this onto Shane after reading your post in another thread.