Author Topic: Windows10 Update error 0x80073712 [SOLVED]  (Read 11104 times)

Offline Jll

• View Profile
Windows10 Update error 0x80073712 [SOLVED]
« on: May 18, 2017, 07:19:22 pm »
Hello, I have problems trying to install Windows 10 Update for a long time. I runned Windows Update Troobleshooter without success. It is why I decided to try the Tweaking.com Windows Repair Tool.
I follow meticulously the different procedures. I ran the Tweaking programs 3 times without problems.
The program was able to successly complete the Windows Update KB4021702 but not the KB4019473.
The download of the Cumulative Windows Update increase up to 5% and after some moment I receive the error code 0x800737712.
So, what I will be doing next, rerun Tweaking.com Repair tool and retry this Cumulative Windows Update?
I have no problems not doing this update but with the WannaCry (targeted for XP) and other virus to come, I prefer to be up-to-date with my operating system even if I have an anti-virus program.
My SFC /Scannow detect no integrity problems.
I thank you in advance for the solutions.
JLL
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:54:22 pm by Boggin »

Offline MaxH

• View Profile
Why don't you skip all the updates and go directly to the latest version (https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/software-download/windows10)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
That error code relates to a corruption in the store.

If these cmds don't do it then I would suggest a repair install.

Right click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) and enter -

dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

exit

The last cmd will close the cmd window but let us know if the sfc /scannow reports it is unable to repair some files.

If that is the case, then I would suggest that you create Win 10 install media by hitting the Download tool now at https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 after reading how to create the media of your choice.

When done, open Windows Explorer - This PC - insert the media and double click on the drive.

If using a DVD then that will start the install but if using an USB, that will open the USB where you will then need to double click on the setup Application.

You can also right click on that and select Run as administrator.

It's advisable to disable any 3rd party antivirus program that has its own firewall before proceeding with the install.

A repair install doesn't affect personal stuff or any programs you may have installed.

The repair install will update you to the latest version when you allow it to search for updates during the process.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:47:31 am by Boggin »

Offline Jll

• View Profile
Why don't you skip all the updates and go directly to the latest version (https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/software-download/windows10)

I just try to download the Update Windows/Microsoft suggest to me to up-to-date my system.
If not successdull with the Cumulative recommended by Microsoft, I will try your suggestion.

Thanks for the advice.
Jll

Offline Jll

• View Profile
That error code relates to a corruption in the store.

If these cmds don't do it then I would suggest a repair install.

Right click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) and enter -

dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

exit

The last cmd will close the cmd window but let us know if the sfc /scannow reports it is unable to repair some files.

If that is the case, then I would suggest that you create Win 10 install media by hitting the Download tool now at https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 after reading how to create the media of your choice.

When done, open Windows Explorer - This PC - insert the media and double click on the drive.

If using a DVD then that will start the install but if using an USB, that will open the USB where you will then need to double click on the setup Application.

You can also right click on that and select Run as administrator.

It's advisable to disable any 3rd party antivirus program that has its own firewall before proceeding with the install.

A repair install doesn't affect personal stuff or any programs you may have installed.

The repair install will update you to the latest version when you allow it to search for updates during the process.

About doing manually RestoreHealth as Admin in the Command,  isn't what Tweaking.com Repairs Pro is doing? Maybe should I rerun SFC "after" the process like in the Pre-Scan?
I formerly tried at the CMD prompt to run RestoreHealth after a StartCleanupComponents but fail because "not finding sources" like message.
So, I think I will try to install the Update via a USB media as the second suggestion.
By the way, my Windows OS is Windows 10 Version 1511 (10586.63)
Thanks a lot for your rapid response.
Jll

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The current version is 1703 15063.296

Perhaps I should have directed you to the version before that which is 1607

There are a couple of changes 1703 makes.

It removes Control Panel from the Start menu but you can go Start - type control panel and when it comes up, right click on it and select Pin to taskbar.

It also changes Command Prompt to Powershell - this can also be changed back through Start- Settings - Personalization - Taskbar and toggle to Off.

If you use IE and its icon goes missing from the taskbar - right click in the taskbar and select Task Manager - File - Run new task.

Type iexplore.exe in the box and check the box to run task as an admin - press enter and then pin it back to the taskbar.

Open Windows Explorer - right click on This PC and select Properties - System Protection and ensure it is turned on.

Offline Jll

• View Profile
PROBLEM SOLVED!
As you suggested, I followed  the link you gave me toward Windows for Create a Media.
Since it was not for another PC, I choosed to create on my Pc instead of USB or CD.
Windows knowing what it does, this time at least, prepare the update/installation on my PC and run the whole until I got the last version, Windows 10, 1703.  15063.296 as you mentionned in your last e-mail.
Less complicated than trying to Update via a Cumulative obscur KBxxxxxxx.
Thank you very much for your advice.
Best Regards.
Jll

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Glad to see that you were able to get sorted.

I would still create the install media as it can be useful to do a repair install should you need it and it doesn't affect your personal stuff or any programs you may have installed.

You may want to read my last post to put things somewhere back to the way you once had them if so desired.

I'll mark the thread solved for you.

Offline Jll

• View Profile
Re: Windows10 Update error 0x80073712 [SOLVED]
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 05:35:29 pm »
Thanks, I wil follow your advice to create an external media urgency Windows 10 in case of.
I hope now to install easily my Windows 10 Update instead to wait hours and finally reboot to restore the previous version because fail to install the last update.
Thanks for the fast and excellent support of Tweaking.com
Jll
Tweakîng.com Windows Repair Pro.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows10 Update error 0x80073712 [SOLVED]
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2017, 01:58:30 am »
You're welcome :)