Author Topic: Somehow, Windows Repair All-In-One Has Made Things Worse For Me !  (Read 18497 times)

Offline findcount

• View Profile
Re: Somehow, Windows Repair All-In-One Has Made Things Worse For Me !
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2017, 05:30:37 am »
ok................just found 2 problems since doing the repair...............

1) when i click on a youtube link - i can't get to the webpage the video is on..............(minor problem)

2) i can't sign in at my iHerb.com account........even after manually typing in the email address and password........the sign-in window will not proceed.......(MAJOR problem)

so what do i do ?..............do the repair again ? :sad:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2017, 07:19:02 am »
Did you need to run the program because of other problems you were having ?

As for getting back into those websites, there's a couple of things you can try.

Boot up into Safe Mode with Networking, open the repair program and click on Step 5: Backup then on Open Registry Backup/Settings then on Registry Restore and then use the dropdown to select the registry backup and click on Restore Now.

Another is to go Start - type cmd - right click on cmd and select Run as administrator and enter these cmds -

netsh winsock reset catalog

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

shutdown /r /t 00

and then see if you can get into them after the reboot.

BTW - did you run a chkdsk /r or download HDSentinel to check your HDD ?

Offline findcount

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2017, 05:48:39 am »
Did you need to run the program because of other problems you were having ?

As for getting back into those websites, there's a couple of things you can try.

Boot up into Safe Mode with Networking, open the repair program and click on Step 5: Backup then on Open Registry Backup/Settings then on Registry Restore and then use the dropdown to select the registry backup and click on Restore Now.

Another is to go Start - type cmd - right click on cmd and select Run as administrator and enter these cmds -

netsh winsock reset catalog

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

shutdown /r /t 00

and then see if you can get into them after the reboot.

BTW - did you run a chkdsk /r or download HDSentinel to check your HDD ?

1) Boot up into Safe Mode with Networking, open the repair program and click on Step 5: Backup then on Open Registry Backup/Settings then on Registry Restore and then use the dropdown to select the registry backup and click on Restore Now. 

[ so to do the above, i run the Repair and it'll prompt me to go to Safe Mode, right ? ]

2) so if i go to Start and type in command...........what if i made a mistake ?..........what bad things will happen ?

3) i haven't run the check on HDD yet...............run a chkdsk..........this is in the Repair All In One ?

###   GUESS WHAT............I TRIED FIREFOX AND I CAN LOG INTO MY IHERB A/C...........STILL CAN'T DO IT ON CHROME THOUGH......... :cheesy:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 06:02:32 am by findcount »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2017, 09:52:43 am »
For the first part of your last reply, you would just use the registry restore to revert any changes the repair program made.

There's no need to run the program again.

As you can get to your website using FF then the problem is with Chrome.

You could try resetting it to defaults or see if the Anvi Browser Repair Tool can do anything for you.

Click on the Chrome icon and you'll see what default repairs it does. http://www.anvisoft.com/browser-repair-tool.html