Author Topic: Windows 10 "metro app repair" changes windows store icon on task bar  (Read 6494 times)

Offline whiggs

• View Profile
So tonight is the second time I have run the Repair metro apps repair on a device (as in two separate installs, two separate incidents) running Windows 10 creators update pro x64.  And this is the second time that, after the repair was completed and the device rebooted, the Windows store icon has changed from the default:

To this:

While the Windows store apps APPEAR to be running normally (meaning that the problem that I was having which prompted me to use the repair in the first place was resolved), I have no doubt that something will crop up, because (call me a cynic) something always does..... :sad: :sad:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10 "metro app repair" changes windows store icon on task bar
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 02:55:46 am »
I'll ask Shane to see if he knows why the icon should have changed.

Offline whiggs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 06:00:52 am »
So I found an issue.  When launched, the metro apps' windows do not resize properly.  for example, if I were to increase the size of a metro app window horizontally on the right side, the scroll bar which would allow me to navigate down the page would stay right where it is and would end up in the middle of the expanded window.  SO I did a registry restore and simply ran the PowerShell command which I know will resolve most store issues (Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}), and not only did the icon change back to what it was originally, but the store apps seem to work again.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 06:11:37 am »
I think the program runs that cmd to reset the store but after the first Win 10 update (Threshold 2) that cmd broke the app store and it took MS 5 months to sort it - Shane left that repair out after the complaints, although I think he reinstated it after it was sorted.

The CU has caused a number of anomalous problems for some - when I do a restart it will give a Code 45 on my Ethernet adapter in that this device is not installed.

I have to do another restart to get this device is working properly - it's a PIA.

When I get a reply from Shane, I'll mention that running that cmd reinstated the icon and the apps working.