Author Topic: Windows Repair 3.9.32 Pre-Scan Question  (Read 5311 times)

Offline alsorensen

• View Profile
Windows Repair 3.9.32 Pre-Scan Question
« on: June 03, 2017, 11:59:19 am »
I replaced my motherboard and re-installed Windows 10 Pro.  I installed Windows Repair 3.9.32 and when I ran the Pre-Scan I got the following:

┌────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│ Tweaking.com - Windows Repair v3.9.32 - Pre-Scan
│ Computer: DOC (Windows 10 Pro 10.0.15063.332 ) (64-bit)
│ [Started Scan - 06/03/2017 14:11:31]
└────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
┌────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│ Scanning Windows Packages Files.
│ Started at (06/03/2017 14:11:31)

0 Combined Problems were found with the packages files, these files need to be replaced (These mainly only effect installing Windows Updates.)
│ The SFC (System File Checker) doesn't scan and replace some of these files, so you may need to replace them manually.

│ THESE FILES DO NOT KEEP THE REPAIRS FROM WORKING; YOU MAY STILL RUN THE REPAIRS IN THE PROGRAM.

│ Files Checked & Verified: 3,634

│ Done Scanning Windows Packages Files.(06/03/2017 14:12:31)[/color]
└────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
│ Scanning Reparse Points.
│ Started at (06/03/2017 14:12:31)

│ Reparse Points are OK!.

│ Files & Folders Searched: 192,164
│ Reparse Points Found: 60

│ Done Scanning Reparse Points.(06/03/2017 14:12:36)
│ Checking Environment Variables.
│ Started at (06/03/2017 14:12:36)

│ No problems were found with the Environment Variables.

│ Done Checking Environment Variables. (06/03/2017 14:12:36)
│ [Finished Scan - 06/03/2017 14:12:36]

• Scan Complete - Problems Found!

• You can use the Repair Reparse Points or Repair Environment Variables tools at the bottom of this Window if needed.

• While problems have been found, you can still run the repairs in the program.

• But for the best results it is recommended to fix the problems reported in this scan if possible.

It looks like the Pre-Scan detected errors "0 Combined Problems were found with the packages files, these files need to be replaced (These mainly only effect installing Windows Updates.)" but there is not a list of problems.  I have run "dism online cleanup-image restorehealth" and it came back clean.  I am not sure if this is a problem with the Pre-Scan or if I actually have a system problem.

I have run the repairs twice and nothing seems to be amiss but the pre-scan still shows the same issues.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Repair 3.9.32 Pre-Scan Question
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 02:25:34 pm »
Did you have to contact MS to have it reactivated as you'd changed the motherboard ?

Does update or reliability history show as any updates absolutely failing ?

What I'd try with this is a repair install but opt not to search for updates during the process and when the install is done, they will auto download and install - if you don't have updates set as deferred.

Check update/reliability history again and if they've all successfully installed, run the Pre-Scan again to see what it reports - but it is a strange one.

Offline alsorensen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 04:32:19 pm »
Did you have to contact MS to have it reactivated as you'd changed the motherboard ? Yes

Does update or reliability history show as any updates absolutely failing ?No

After I replaced the motherboard and CPU, I booted from the original install. It booted up but then told me it was not  "Genuine".  I spoke with Microsoft and they gave me a new Product Key. The system activated and seemed to work OK. Since my original motherboard was a X79 chipset and my new motherboard is a X99 chipset, I thought I would reinstall and start fresh. I started to use a DVD I had created from an ISO file back around the first of the year.  I realized that Microsoft had released a new ISO image in March 2017 so I downloaded that ISO and burned a new DVD and used it to install the new system.

I had the problem with the "C:\WINDOWS\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-TestRoot-and-FlightSigning Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.15063.0.mum" and removed the registry entries. After that I ran the pre-scan and got the results I posted earlier.  I downloaded a fresh copy of Windows 10 and put it on a flash drive and re-installed again (without being signed in to Microsoft this time).  I again removed the registry entries and when I ran the pre-scan I got the same message.
"0 Combined Problems were found with the packages files, these files need to be replaced (These mainly only effect installing Windows Updates.)
The SFC (System File Checker) doesn't scan and replace some of these files, so you may need to replace them manually."

The system seems to work OK.  I have run the repairs 4 times without any problems. Just the message from the Pre-Scan.  The dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth has run a couple of times with no errors.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 12:23:38 am »
It's probably because you removed that registry entry that has produced the result in the Pre-Scan.

I had that on my Pre-Scan but it didn't affect the running of a dism /restorehealth as has been reported on the forum and elsewhere.

That was on build 1703 15063.296 but since receiving KB4020102 which took the build to 15063.332, it no longer appears in the Pre-Scan.

I assumed that update had resolved that bad signature but as you still have it in build 15063.332, I don't know what resolved mine.

You can do a repair install instead of the clean install which won't affect any programs you may have installed or any personal stuff.

Boot the machine up > open Windows Explorer > This PC > insert the DVD and double click on the drive where it will start the install process.

As I said earlier, opt not to search for updates during the process and they will install when the process has completed.

I don't know if you've noticed this yet but 1703 removes Control Panel from the Start menu and it changes Command Prompt to Powershell.

To have easy access to CP - go Start type control panel - right click on it when it comes up and select Pin to taskbar.

As you have run dism /restorehealth cmds I assume you are happy with Powershell or you have already restored cmd prompt.