Author Topic: Can't update from version 32 to version 35 [SOLVED]  (Read 6075 times)

Offline Maggot Brain

• View Profile
Can't update from version 32 to version 35 [SOLVED]
« on: June 24, 2017, 12:33:09 pm »
For the past few weeks I've been trying to upgrade to the latest version.  I first tried with version 34...and the same errors occurred.

Running Windows 7 Home Premium Build 7601 SP1:  Keep getting the following error message during the startup check(either missing or corrupt files)

Missing File: CustomScripts\Defrag After Repairs.TweakingBat
Missing File: CustomScripts\Get_Some_System_Info.TweakingVbs
Missing File: files\services_startup_vista.txt
Missing File: files\services_startup_xp.txt

I then tried to reinstall(from 2 separate download locations) and repeatedly got this error message:

'This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator'

When I attempted as an administrator I got the same error, as well as a Launcher Error dialogue block that said: Could not start setup.

I've even tried a normal uninstall that wouldn't work normally.  I then did a manual uninstall, but still no luck.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

ps.  Have made attempts to run the program straight off, and to save to a download location, and then run.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 04:46:05 pm by Maggot Brain »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't update from version 32 to version 35
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 03:54:57 pm »
Have you tried the download in Safe Mode with Networking as it could be your antivirus program blocking it.

Offline Maggot Brain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 04:12:16 pm »
Sorry I didn't state that I'd already disabled my AVs(Malwarebytes and Avira)....what I hadn't done was disable my other anti-ransomware(Bitdefender).  Decided to do that before the reboot into safe mode w/networking as you suggested....and VOILA!!! It's ALL good. 

Thanks ever so much :smiley:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 04:16:40 pm »
Glad you found the cause and thanks for the update :)

If you go to your first post, click on Modify you can add [SOLVED] to the thread title.