Author Topic: teredo tunnel adapter and driver  (Read 4689 times)

Offline sjr5150

• View Profile
teredo tunnel adapter and driver
« on: July 04, 2017, 01:17:13 pm »
I am running Windows 7 Pro, SuperAntiSpyware, CCleaner, WindowsRepair.  Recently I removed a intrusive malware virus. Thank goodness everything was recovered and no need to re-install original OS. However, one issue remains unresolved the internal optical drive does seem to be getting power, but in the player softwares (MediaPlayer, MeadiaCenter, VLC) and in the Device Manager no longer 'sees' the internal CD/DVD/ROM.  I noticed in DevMgr that the "teredo tunnel adapter" had a yellow exclamation mark, further attempts at windows repair indicated "no driver installed".  However DevMgr states I have the most current driver available. I 'disabled/enabled' device, no difference. Searched goodle but came up with no clear answer and the safe leads to installing MS driver for teredo tunnel adapter lead to nowhere. Worst is I accidentially uninstalled the teredo tunnel adapter, so now it doesn't exist in DevMgr (scan for new hardware found nothing).
Help, please

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: teredo tunnel adapter and driver
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 01:38:42 pm »
These cmds may reinstate it - if they don't, check to see if you have a restore point prior to uninstalling it and then run the cmds.

1. As an administrator from the Command Prompt, type then press Enter after each of these commands :-
2. netsh
3. int teredo
4. set state disabled
5. Open Device Manager/View/Show hidden devices > right click on Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface and select Uninstall
6. Open the  Cmd Prompt as an administrator again and type then Enter these cmds :-
7. netsh
8. int ipv6
9. set teredo client
10. Open Device Manager/Action/Scan for new hardware.
11. Then select Show hidden devices from the View menu.

It should now display without the yellow alert.