Author Topic: Unable to reach my router  (Read 30608 times)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to reach my router
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2017, 10:02:03 am »
That is the same that I get when I enter my ext. IP address into the URL search.

However, I've just retried my ext. IP address with https:// in front of it and I got a more info link which gave the option of going onto the website anyway but not recommended and I landed on my router log in page, but there was a certificate alert on it.

Try that with your 192. etc and see if you get that option as well, but I would still contact Sky about this.

Offline Otterboy43

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2017, 01:04:16 pm »
OK Boggin I will contact Sky when I have an hour or so to spare.  I phone them every year or so to renegotiate my contract and they are nice people to deal with but I find with waiting to get through in the first place and then being moved around a few times I need lots of time and patience, but I usually cut a mutually agreeable deal.  I hope their techies are as good!

Thanks for all your help and while it is not a show stopper it would be nice to get it sorted out sometime.

Cheers mate

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2017, 01:37:21 pm »
Well it is a strange one.

Did you try using https:// in front of the 192. ?

I can usually get through to TalkTalk okay, but getting past the first line where they don't listen to what you are telling them because they have to read from a script, I normally have to set aside at least 45mins.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 01:40:01 pm by Boggin »