Author Topic: pro version  (Read 4181 times)

Offline philipdk1

• View Profile
pro version
« on: July 31, 2017, 02:10:10 am »
hi
will buying the pro version make it work, i have tried the free version and after 12 hours on the first try i had to close it down as it hung, and when i tried to fix windows app store
it hung after 2 hours and fixed nothing, i need to fix my windows 10 pro and i thought this would do it but it looks like i need to reformat

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: pro version
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 02:41:53 am »
You get exactly the same main remain repairs in the free version as you do the Pro, but the Pro version gives you additional repairs.

What I suggest you do is a repair install which won't affect your personal stuff or installed programs.

If you don't already have Win 10 install media then you can create it by using the Download tool now button at https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 but read the instructions first as the procedure to creating an install DVD is different to creating it on an USB.

When you've done that and with Windows booted up, open Windows Explorer - This PC - insert the install media and double click on the drive.

If you are using a DVD then the process will start, but when using an USB, that will open the files where you will then need to double click on the setup Application.

There is initially some user input but for the main, it will just get on with it.

To make the actual repair install a bit quicker, opt for not searching for updates, but you will have to sit through those at the end of the process along with the restart for them to complete installation.

My Toshiba laptops aren't too keen on the Windows Repair program so if I have any problems with my Win 10, I will normally perform a repair install.