Author Topic: issue with reparse point scanning  (Read 5827 times)

Offline whiggs

• View Profile
issue with reparse point scanning
« on: December 28, 2017, 04:28:21 am »
So I just performed a repair install of the latest version of Windows 10, and first thing I did when the repair was complete was boot into safe mode and run the pre-scan.  One thing I have noticed is that, whenever I perform a repair install and then run windows AIO repair (to verify that the os doesn't have any issues), the reparse point scan always finds the same errors each time I perform a repair install: reparse points associated with my Office 365 Office suite installation are always "erroneous", as well as reparse points associated with my Graphics card driver/software:
canning Reparse Points.
│ Started at (12/28/2017 7:03:48 AM)

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: NvTelemetry) (Original Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NvTelemetry\plugins\NvTelemetry) (Target Path: C:\\C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NvTelemetry\plugin) (Creation Time: 12/23/2017 7:25:45 PM)
Target Path doesn't exist!

│ Problems were found with the Reparse Points.
│ You can use the Repair Reparse Points Tool at the bottom of this Window to try and fix these problems.

It is also important to note that the original path is very much valid (verified using nirsoft tool "NTFS links view"), so something isn't quite working with the reparse point scan.

Offline whiggs

• View Profile
Re: issue with reparse point scanning
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 06:08:55 am »
Seems the issue is not limited to just the reparse point scanning either.  I looked and verified that their isn't an entry in the PSModulepath environment variable that has the path indicated in the below scan result:
Checking Environment Variables.
│ Started at (12/28/2017 7:18:10 AM)

│ This folder in the 'PSModulePath' variable doesn't exist: C:\Progr

│ Problems were found with the Environment Variables.
│ You can use the Repair Environment Variables Tool at the bottom of this Window to try and fix these problems.

│ Done Checking Environment Variables. (12/28/2017 7:18:10 AM)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: issue with reparse point scanning
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 07:01:38 am »
I'll pass this on.