Author Topic: Preserving Network Configurations  (Read 1720 times)

Offline HappyElderGeek

• View Profile
Preserving Network Configurations
« on: February 06, 2018, 09:42:38 AM »
Many of us use Work Group networking, and it requires several settings to customize.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any option that would preserve that configuration...WR always creates a Home Group, which immediately makes the "Repaired" computer alien to the rest of the network (for some features).

Recently, the consequences of reverting to HomeGroup blew up one of my backup strategies:  I run backups on every system, every night.  After a recent WR session, I noticed that one computer (call it "M"), which launches a backup automatically at 5:30 pm, was ALSO triggering a second computer (say, "W") to run a backup at the same time...but, the latter computer is scheduled to run at 9:30 pm...so, I started getting two backups every night from "W"!  That's one of the reasons I need to avoid "Home Group."

As it is, I now have to reset from "Home Group" to "Work Group" manually after every Windows Update (thru v4.13).

If you would just provide us the option to NOT change the network type, it would save a lot of us a lot of grief.  (And, if there IS such an option, can someone please inform me where it is?)

--HappyElderGeek
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 10:01:08 AM by HappyElderGeek »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Preserving Network Configurations
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 02:44:12 PM »
I'll pass this on to see if anything can be modified in the program.
Tom.