Author Topic: Envelope Printer 2.0.1 not printing properly  (Read 6482 times)

Offline SteveB

• View Profile
Envelope Printer 2.0.1 not printing properly
« on: March 10, 2018, 11:46:04 am »
Greetings.  I just installed EP201 and noticed that it's not printing properly.  Using a #10 envelope as an example (I use these and #6-3/4 frequently so it's pertinent), I noticed that it appears to print as if the printer's feed tray was oriented with media being fed on the left of the tray.
My old printer was like this (it died), but my new one has guides that slide symmetrically towards the center for smaller media so it's a center-feed manual tray.
Printing a sample envelope on a piece of letter-sized paper verified this - mostly.
In addition to the print job being along the long edge of the paper, it's also apparent that it's pushed beyond the leading edge of the page (about 50% no less!) as if the paper was fed too late (that's just an illustrative example; that's not what's occurring).
I have included a picture of the print job that I did on a piece of letter-sized paper; I hope that helps.
I tried this on two printers (both center-fed of course), with the same result.

Is there a way to correct this?

There's nothing in the printer settings/preferences/driver package that would address this.  I believe this is something that must be set in the application; years ago I used a program called Winvelope and it had a setting to choose left/center/right-fed paper tray.

In case it matters, I'm running 64-bit Win-10 and using a Brother laser printer.

(Apologies for posting to the wrong board!  I'm not sure how I missed that; I couldn't find a way to move/delete the post.  If you choose to move the post, that would make sense!)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 11:59:51 am by SteveB »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Envelope Printer 2.0.1 not printing properly
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 01:07:04 pm »
I'll pass this on.

Offline jpm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 04:04:09 pm »
I have a center feed HP that works fine.  I haven't used a brother before. Which model?

1) Are you selecting the right printer from the program? It may still be selected to the old dead printer.
2) If you click the print preview window in the program, does it look correct?

Offline SteveB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 08:17:51 pm »
That's interesting.  Thanks for the suggestions.
I have tried this on my Brother HL-L2300D and my HL-3170CDW printers.  The correct printer is selected within the program; I didn't install EP201 until after I got rid of the old printer and there's no driver for that on this PC.  Other print jobs (letters, etc.) print without issue.

I should have mentioned this in my original post: the print preview looks perfect in all cases that I've tried (both printers, #10 and #6-3/4 envelopes).  If I print to the PDF print driver,  it's along the left edge but not pushed off the page like you see in the image I attached to my first post (in other words it "prints" fine - along the left edge).  I don't know if that's a useful observation in this case.

Come to think of it, I could try an envelope size that is shown as "supported" in the list.  Neither of these two is shown in that part of the list - they're shown in the custom part of the list, I believe.  Other suggestions are welcome.