Main Forum > General Computer Support

SOLVED Lenovo hardware for my computer

<< < (2/3) > >>

utbas1953:
I did look through Device Manager but that did not display anything to do with Lenovo. I am typing this query using the Lenovo laptop as I have yet to connect the external HDDs to the desktop but only booted it up yesterday to check it was running ok.

Boggin:
Just seen your recent post regarding Device Manager.

Go Start - start to type reliability and press enter when View reliability history comes up.

You can click on any of the dates that have an info symbol or red cross for them but that should show if any drivers have been installed.

Click on the blue tech details link for any and more info will appear at the top.

They may also be listed in Programs and Features - to check there, go Start - type appwiz.cpl and press enter when it comes up.

utbas1953:
Hi Bogging, nothing there. I'll check restore points. Am now continuing the query on the Desktop

utbas1953:
Hello Boggin, I called up the chat function on W10 Updates page and made contact with a MS agent. He led me through various actions and finally said to reboot the computer and the problem should be resolved. He also gave me a case number to get back. The problem was still there so again I made contact, this time with a different MS agent. I explained the procedures the previous agent had prescribed but the problem still existed. He asked if I would allow him to take control and I said OK. He did a few actions and I noticed a file he was downloading was one that I had come across by Googling prior to calling the chat line but I was loathe to download and run it due to my not being sure what to do. He ran the file and it hid the W10 update Lenovo files that were incorrect for my desktop as I am using a Logitech keyboard and mouse. He too finally said to restart the computer and that would rectify the problem. I did so and now am clear. The file he downloaded is wushowhide.diagcab. 

Boggin:
Well done on getting a MS tech who knew what he was doing :)

I've heard of that file but never used it.

Thanks for the update.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version