Author Topic: Network dropping and switches.  (Read 6502 times)

Offline eschaton707

• View Profile
Network dropping and switches.
« on: June 05, 2018, 08:24:13 pm »
Ok current setup computers, IP phones and printers going to 24 port switch(Netgear). Also have a couple more computers and ip phones in another office that I run from the 24 port switch to another 10 port switch and a dedicated server computer going direct to a LinkSys EA8300 router. Had setup all computers and printers with static IP and left the phones and wifi on dynamic. So recently updated our pos software and moved it over to a new dedicated server computer and now hell has broke loose. Pretty much everything is now has unknown network with limited internet. I was able to get the smaller switch work by connect direct to router but other than that I don't know what could be wrong. Have tried switching a few computers back to dynamic and seemed to work for a couple minutes until going lame again. Any advice? My whole network is currently down and going to make running the business pretty rough tomorrow..

Thank you.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Network dropping and switches.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 10:03:07 am »
I don't have any experience of servers or switches but it does sound like an IP conflict.

I assume you are experienced enough to use IP addresses for the static ones outside of the DHCP range to prevent the router DHCP assigning the same one to the devices that are using wireless ?

Does the system work without the new dedicated server computer switched on ?

I've asked my Support to have a look at your thread.

Offline eschaton707

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 10:14:48 am »
Yeah I had them all set below the range. So when I got to work this morning I reset the network config on the server and put it on dynamic , disco it all ran the small switch and and server direct to router and turned the router on first and back office worked fine. Plugged in the big switch and everything is peachy.. most of did this like 5 times and or if know where works this time. Network scanner showed no conflicts before so no idea what went wrong.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 01:12:33 pm »
Glad that you got it up and running okay but it's so annoying when you get a phantom in the system.