Author Topic: windows update repair  (Read 6209 times)

Offline AHITMAN

• View Profile
windows update repair
« on: June 10, 2018, 11:11:59 pm »
(Windows 10 Pro 10.0.17133.1 ) (64-bit)

│ These Files Are Missing: (Total: 2)
C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-OneDrive-Setup-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.17133.1.mum
C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-OneDrive-Setup-WOW64-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.17133.1.mum

2 Combined Problems were found with the packages files, these files need to be replaced (These mainly only effect installing Windows Updates.)
│ The SFC (System File Checker) doesn't scan and replace some of these files, so you may need to replace them manually.

│ THESE FILES DO NOT KEEP THE REPAIRS FROM WORKING; YOU MAY STILL RUN THE REPAIRS IN THE PROGRAM.

│ If you need help in replacing these files, post on the Forums at Tweaking.com for help.

│ Files Checked & Verified: 3,164

│ Done Scanning Windows Packages Files.(6/10/2018 11:32:13 PM)

how can i get and install these files?

cant find it or maybe im looking for the wrong file.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: windows update repair
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 12:25:53 am »
The forum no longer does the Cat and Mum file replacement but as you are using a Windows version not quite up to date, can you go Start - Settings - Update & Security and do a manual check for updates.

Mine is up to date and my version is now 1803 17134.81

If you get an error code then let us know but for the time being, do not run the Windows Repair program before first creating a system image onto external media, as there appears to be a bug in it regarding 1803 and is best left alone for now.

Offline AHITMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 08:39:58 am »
thanks for your response, this the error i get now after i did a windows update error repair using the app http://prntscr.com/jtop48

im using WUMT (windows update minitool) to check for update but it doesnt show any, this app might be the reason its saying "some setting are managed by your organization" imo.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 08:47:11 am »
That's possible given how propriety Win 10 is with updates.

Try the normal way to check for updates to see if you still get that second part of the error message.

Is WUMT running in the background so it could cause a conflict and where did you get it from ?

Offline AHITMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 09:49:23 am »
i got it from another blog where some people were having problems with win10 updates. it actually got good reviews but now its shows me. ok i completely deleted that file and cleaned my temp folder in appdata and its still giving me that message that it is managed by my organization, but to be honest after i used the tweaking.com repair tool and restarted it gave me that too. did an "sfc /scannow"  and it repaired some files but it still not updating. did another scan with the tweak.com repair app and it still getting the 2 errors that i posted in the first post.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 09:59:16 am »
I was hoping you hadn't run WR as it has been causing update errors in 1803.

Can you see if you can access Event Viewer by going Start - type eventvwr.exe and press enter when it comes up.

You may be able to resolve the update error caused by WR by opening the program and using Backup Tools and Registry Restore.

You will need to use the dropdown to select the back up from the time you used WR for the update problem.

If that doesn't resolve it then I would suggest a repair install that doesn't affect personal stuff or installed programs.

You will need Win 10 install media for that and I'll run through the procedure if you require it.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 10:07:33 am »
Sorry - I meant can you access services by going Start - type services.msc and press enter when it comes up.

Offline AHITMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 10:28:21 am »
did that, and yes im the admin of my pc i know a fair a mount about computer and networking, just been out of it for a while.
getting this error

http://prntscr.com/jtq3fr
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 10:30:03 am by AHITMAN »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 01:24:17 pm »
I was getting an admin had blocked mmc.exe to protect me when I tried to access services after running WR but got the same update error message with the error code as you.

I'd created a Macrium system image before running WR so was able to revert the changes.

Was your services update error message after trying the program's Registry Restore, or haven't you tried it yet ?

EDIT - When you ran WR, did you run it in Safe Mode With Networking ?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 01:28:23 pm by Boggin »

Offline AHITMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 02:37:18 pm »
havent tried registry restore yet dont wanna mess up anything....can i backup registry with the program just in case?
a

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 02:48:45 pm »
Yes you can but that is why the program auto creates a registry backup as soon as the repairs are selected, so if things don't work out, you can revert any changes.

You haven't answered if you ran the repair program in Safe Mode.

Offline AHITMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 06:58:01 pm »
no i didnt will try it now sorry for the late reply i went out.

Offline AHITMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 10:04:36 pm »
Yes you can but that is why the program auto creates a registry backup as soon as the repairs are selected, so if things don't work out, you can revert any changes.

You haven't answered if you ran the repair program in Safe Mode.

ok i did everything u said, i ran it in safe mode and i repaired a couple stuff and i think it worked not sure yet atleast the windows update minitool is working cos the windows update find no update for my computer. but it did fix the "wuauserv" windows update service problems i was having. http://prntscr.com/jtwhje

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2018, 12:39:49 am »
Well that's good news - I thought you got rid of the update minitool ?

Now that Windows Update is working again, you may get the update naturally to bring you up to the current version.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 03:41:48 am by Boggin »