Author Topic: 71 year old Vet needs advice about tweaking, Great Program  (Read 10061 times)

Offline TNWoodwright

• View Profile
71 year old Vet needs advice about tweaking, Great Program
« on: July 01, 2018, 09:26:05 am »
Came across Tweaking couple months ago and it has done wonders for my old Think-pads.  I dont have a lot of funds SS and hopefully future pmts from VA finally    Would really like to support you.  I have more than three computers and its what I do when I cant get outside.  Should I get a license for one PC and use the free one on the ones that dont give me trouble.  how should I do this
I know the vet stuff is easy to say on line  and it took some gumption to get up the balls to post  Not much of a computer board type But I will verify as much as I can

Thanks

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 71 year old Vet needs advice about tweaking, Great Program
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 09:51:10 am »
It's really down to what you can afford and while Shane does appreciate the support when people buy the Pro version, the repairs are the same.

The Pro version does have a few more bits to it but if buying the Pro version would cause financial hardship, I'd just stay with the free version for now.

Offline TNWoodwright

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 11:39:14 am »
Thanks   I just would like to support him  Dont usually do that cause they never live up to the hype this is one fantastic program Its the only one I found that really works while others talk This one delivers.   I just got done on one of my computers that was having real problems. It fixed over 500 errors.  I had run it a few months back   And now t seem to be doing fine.   Maybe i will just buy the pro version one at a time. :)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 02:44:58 pm »
Now that computer is fine, I would advise you to create a system image onto either DVDs or an external HDD and do the same before running the program on a machine.

It is a reputable repair program and nothing like the myriad of tune up programs that are out there, although it has just had a major fix which was causing a problem on Win 10 v1803.

BTW - Which version of Windows are you using it on ?

Hold off on buying a licence just yet until I get back to you.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 03:23:02 pm by Boggin »

Offline TNWoodwright

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 04:26:33 pm »
System Back up. NOw there is something for me to screw up LOL  Never done it.  I use eithier windows pro7  Tried 10 and just coulndt take it. Or I have some with Mint and peppermint Linux on them.  Long learning curve and programs run different on the similar computers  i can run Firefox on Mint 18  on a desk top all day. It just pretty much sucks up all the memory and crashes on every thing else

I cant wait I made it this far :)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 01:11:37 am »
I've sent you a PM.

I can't help you with your Linux Mint problems, although it may be driver problems but you can register on the Linux forum where they should be better placed to help.

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 01:50:17 am by Boggin »

Offline TNWoodwright

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 07:01:49 am »
Thanks

I am aware of the forums.   i just added the mint for context   When your 71 even when you have done it before you have to relearn It :)  But you can help me with your message system.   Trying to reply to Tom and when you go to reply his message shows in the . Not sure if your suppose to delete that and put in your own or what  I replied to his email  I hope he gets it.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 07:46:36 am »
You just click on the Reply button and a new box opens.

Sent you an explanatory PM.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 09:02:13 am by Boggin »

Offline TNWoodwright

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 11:35:23 am »
Dont have a reply button I can find even in the menus.  And Cant change the PP location.  Just get the same error  Just let me buy them as I can.  Wasnt looking for a handout thanks  I will buy the first one and go from there.  I know this is turning in to PIA and it wasnt my intention   Get it tomorrow :)  Thanks for putting up with me.

Also I am finding that Real Player is part of the problem as it changes registry values without telling you   S I deleted it and will see what goes on from here.  If everything is OK I will post a suggestion for others.     Also not sure my wireless on the computer s not goin gout   I have another USB Panda wireless on the way

Offline TNWoodwright

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 01:04:34 pm »
Feel free to delete the last message if you need to

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2018, 02:23:14 pm »
I've replied to it via PM.